Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CPL Blues

I am a Forum User
    So the clerk takes the current and valid CPL and sends the citizen on their way. Citizen is now left without a CPL and likely carrying a firearm. I assume the citizen would need to transport the firearm using the rules a non-cpl holder would have to follow. Except in most of our situations we carry on us and probably don't have a case to place the firearm in.

So now, due to the error of the city, the citizen is carrying a firearm illegally and should they be stopped would most likely spend the next year fighting the case in court which will not only cost them time but money as well.

Am I missing something? No way am I leaving without my current and valid CPL in this situation.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by TylerV76 View Post
    So the clerk takes the current and valid CPL and sends the citizen on their way. Citizen is now left without a CPL and likely carrying a firearm. I assume the citizen would need to transport the firearm using the rules a non-cpl holder would have to follow. Except in most of our situations we carry on us and probably don't have a case to place the firearm in.

So now, due to the error of the city, the citizen is carrying a firearm illegally and should they be stopped would most likely spend the next year fighting the case in court which will not only cost them time but money as well.

Am I missing something? No way am I leaving without my current and valid CPL in this situation.
    He still has a valid CPL in the system…he simply cannot carry the license on his person, which potentially subjects him to a $100 fine:

Ref: 28.425(f)
    http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-28-425f

(1) An individual who is licensed to carry a concealed pistol shall have his or her license to carry that pistol and his or her state-issued driver license or personal identification card in his or her possession at all times he or she is carrying a concealed pistol or a portable device that uses electro-muscular disruption technology.
    (4) An individual who violates subsection (1) or (2) is responsible for a state civil infraction and shall be fined $100.00.
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    He still has a valid CPL in the system…he simply cannot carry the license on his person, which potentially subjects him to a $100 fine:

Ref: 28.425(f)
    http://legislature.mi.gov/doc.aspx?mcl-28-425f
    That $100 would be enough for me to fight. Still wouldnt surrender mg license.

MGO Board of Directors

I have drafted a letter on behalf of MGO and have presented it to the board for consideration to send to the Wayne County Clerk regarding this matter.

BoD Trustee Elect
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member
    Be thankful it wasn't the other way around. My buddy's wife was pulled over and her CPL said it was current until the year after. However, in the system the CPL was expired. The officer was super cool since that wasn't her fault at all.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    When I get my renewed one late last year, it had an effective date of 6 months in the future, which would've left me with a gap from Nov to May of effectively not having a valid CPL. I called and they sent out a new one pretty quickly but seems like a pretty glaring/obvious oversight.
    Wouldn't your current license cover you. The new ones take effect on your birthday, not the day it was issued.

They should have simply given him his current license back and sent him a new one with the instructions to destroy it upon receipt of the new and correct one.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger View Post
    ...upon receipt of the new and correct one.
    Boy, you're pretty optimistic!
    We're talking about Wayne County here!
    I wouldn't be surprised if the new one is wrong, too!

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    Boy, you're pretty optimistic!
    We're talking about Wayne County here!
    I wouldn't be surprised if the new one is wrong, too!
    One has to remember to bring a box of Krispy Cream donuts when dealing with the ladies of WaCo.

I am a Forum User
    Thank you !

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast