Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CPL Blues

[QUOTE=
    The optimist sees the glass as half full.
    The pessimist sees the glass as half empty.
    Then along comes a pragmatists. He views it as a question about the glass. He sees it as the glass is twice as big as it needs to be![/QUOTE]

Right behind him is the sales rep. He sees the glass and says, "Looks like you could use some ice".

I am a Forum User
    too funny, when my wife and I got our CPL's, they issued hers for a year too long and mine for a year too short. I went back to ruff road and literally counted on my fingers to show them they had the wrong date on mine. They reissued it on the spot, AND BLAMED THEIR COMPUTER.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
    too funny, when my wife and I got our CPL's, they issued hers for a year too long and mine for a year too short. I went back to ruff road and literally counted on my fingers to show them they had the wrong date on mine. They reissued it on the spot, AND BLAMED THEIR COMPUTER.
    That was before "hard cards", right?

I'm wondering if now, they only have the ability to print the "hard cards" downtown vs having the printers and stock at both locations...
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    That was before "hard cards", right?

I'm wondering if now, they only have the ability to print the "hard cards" downtown vs having the printers and stock at both locations...
    They only offer replacement cards downtown.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    Wouldn't your current license cover you. The new ones take effect on your birthday, not the day it was issued.
    My old one said it expired in Nov of 2018, the new one they gave me said it was valid May of 2019, hence the gap.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    My old one said it expired in Nov of 2018, the new one they gave me said it was valid May of 2019, hence the gap.
    CPLs should be 5 years, birthday to birthday.

When an individual gets their first CPL, the issue date does not match the birthdate (unless the two dates coincidentally coincide), therefore, the initial CPL is valid no less than 4 years, but no more than 5 years from the date of issue and expires on the individuals birthdate that falls in that range.

From there, normal renewals should be 5 years, birthdate to birthdate. Exceptions apply for late renewals, revoked/re-issued CPLs, etc.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

The MGO Board of Directors have approved the letter and have requested that our Corporate Counsel (Shyster) send it on behalf of MGO.

The letter is not threatening or demanding, rather, it simply brings this practice (of confiscating a CPL from a licensee and not giving them anything to carry/prove they have a valid CPL while they wait for the corrected CPL to come in the mail) to their attention and asks them to review/revise their policy.

wgray9, please keep us posted as to when you receive your replacement CPL with the correct date. If you haven't received it yet, I am betting you will receive it today or tomorrow.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    CPLs should be 5 years, birthday to birthday.

When an individual gets their first CPL, the issue date does not match the birthdate (unless the two dates coincidentally coincide), therefore, the initial CPL is valid no less than 4 years, but no more than 5 years from the date of issue and expires on the individuals birthdate that falls in that range.

From there, normal renewals should be 5 years, birthdate to birthdate. Exceptions apply for late renewals, revoked/re-issued CPLs, etc.
    Thank you for this information. I'm in process of getting my first CPL, it will likely be issued about a month or so after my birthday. But to insure I don't have a similar problem as the OP when I receive my NEW CPL, I need to verify that the expiration date on the card is 5yrs from my 2019 birthday, NOT the issue date?

I am a Forum User
    93bandit--correct.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    93bandit--correct.
    Thank you Sir.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast