Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Athlon Optics

Banned

Athlon Optics

I go to Youngs Longshot once every four to six months.

we shoot whatever's there but I have a nice 308.

I currently have a sightron S3 that's a second focal plane. It's a 10 power in 10 power is fine.

Biggest concern for me would be eye box.

Athlon has some cool options in illuminated reticles and first focal plane for super cheap.

They have an excellent warranty.

Anyone have experience with these Optics? I was thinking the 4 to 14.

there is at least 1, maybe as many as three guys talking them up on here. I almost bought one on sale from some camera shop, but kinda wanted to check one out in person. It was a crazy low price, maybe 3/4 off. Meh, maybe I should have bought, talking myself back into it, just thinking about it.

From what I've read on the inter-webs they are awful hard to beat at their price point. I have no personal experience with them other then looking down the tube of one owned by a fellow shooter at a gun range however.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

MGO Member
    I have 3 models from Athlon for a total of 5 scopes. I have been very happy with my scopes. All of mine are FFP milrad and have illuminated reticles, but none are daylight bright.

I am a Forum User
    I have been using and selling them since they started. As a long range shooter on a budget I want bang for buck. I can't justify $2500+ scopes when I don't use them often enough and my life does not depend on them. I was a Vortex fan but Athlon offers everything they do for about 15% less including the lifetime warranty. I have tried them all from the Argos line on up. I have a Cronos sitting on my current long range rifle but am just as happy with the Ares and even Midas out to 1K distance. For hunting optics I loved the Midas SFP but they stopped making them moving all to FFP in the higher lines. Excellent optic from a great company. I don't stock them but can offer great pricing.

Banned
    Danco, shoot me a price on...

Athlon Optics , Argos BTR , Riflescope , 6-24 x 50 First Focal Plane (FFP) 30 mm Tube, Illuminated ATMR MOA Reticle

I'm open to a recommended upgrade if the glass is better. I'd be happy with as little as 10x.

I am a Forum User
    I am interested in at least taking a look at one of these scopes myself, does anyone know who carries these in stock in the thumb area out to mid-Michigan?

Quote Originally Posted by dave7120 View Post
    I am interested in at least taking a look at one of these scopes myself, does anyone know who carries these in stock in the thumb area out to mid-Michigan?

Call and dbl check, but I am pretty sure I saw at least one Athlon in the display at Williams Gun Sight.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I am a Forum User
    PM sent. With their warranty/guarantee if you don't like it they will take it back. They are a great company.

MGO Member
    I have a couple Athlon scopes on rifles, and will back up what Danco stated. I was looking for a dependable scope on a budget that was not used in combat or where my life depended on it, so a big dollar Nightforce or US Optics was not in the cards. I have been very happy with the performance of mine as of now, and their communication has been excellent with any questions I have had. I have several customers that are happy with the performance and pricing on the Athlon optics.
    Jason Ebig
    L & L Arms LLC
    586-321-6056
    01 FFL & Class 3 SOT Dealer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast