Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    MGO Member
    Never had any issues with PSA , have mid length shoots and ejects perfect.
    A++++
    Last edited by LMK; 07-28-2019 at 09:58 AM.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I have some PSA stuff. built an SBR from a kit. They're my go-to for decent parts I know will work without spending a fortune.
    I can guarantee you that the weak link is me when I'm shooting, not the PSA gear.
    On the other hand, I saw some guys shooting their 20" AR whatever and not hitting a 2/3 steel silhouette target at 100 yards worth a darn.
    I popped out my little SBR that was STILL shorter than their kit even with a silencer attached, and popped their target shot after shot (with permission, of course).

PSA stuff will outshoot 90% of the people trying to shoot with it.
    If you can afford it and want to shoot, it's a good product. If you can afford better, go for it - but AR15 type rifles are the land of diminishing returns. A 600 rifle may be no better than a 300 rifle. and there are some 800 rifles i'd pass up in favor of that 300 one.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    BRD in 3, 2, 1....

Joe

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by red442joe View Post
    BRD in 3, 2, 1....

Joe
    you know, I had the same question when it hit me. First I bought the M&P, then I bought a few lowers and a couple of prebuilt uppers (some from psa). then i built more lowers, then i built uppers, then i became contagious and started giving parts/kits away.
    Now when I clean up, I keep finding cheap optics and parts I had forgotten about, and I just kind of freeze and look shamed when people ask me how many ARs I have.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Well, how many do you have ?

MGO Member
    I have a M&P Sport II and a few PSA- both in terms of individual components and overall build quality, they are basically identical. Try to get the PSA with the enhanced trigger.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 93bandit View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys.

@hendo: If I build a pistol AR, I'd have to register it. I don't like registration of my guns. From what I understand, I don't have to register long guns.

Also, I want a rifle first. I don't really have a good reason, other than that's just what I want.

And yes, Scoop, I have a bad habit of picking expensive hobbies. Cars, motorcycles, guns, drums etc... Oh well.

Not necessarily so. There is no right legal way to register a pistol you built from a kit, and it's only a misdemeanor charge if you ever had an issue, many threads on this subject. Also, With out of state cpl in addition to mi cpl, you are exempted. Check some threads on these issues. JMO
    Last edited by hendo; 07-27-2019 at 08:14 AM.
    Washtenaw Sportsman's Club member
    NRA Certified RSO (Thanks MGO)
    NRA Member

I am a Forum User
    Please listen to me and run far from PSA if you like your money. While I have AR's from a few different companies, you cannot beat PSA for the price. I just got a complete 300 Blackout upper from them for $220. PSA always has some really good deals going on that make you wonder how they make any money off of it.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinJoe View Post
    PSA always has some really good deals going on that make you wonder how they make any money off of it.
    Vertical integration.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

I had gotten about the AR pistol owned by Trek from MDFI. He got a cheap Aero lower, built it with a psa pistol kit, and put a pre-made psa upper on it, and then taught classes with it. Zero problems.
    If you don't know Trek, he's a great instructor who always demonstrates how he wants you to shoot instead of just giving orders and not showing he can do it himself.
    He is probably one of the top instructors around and will most likely hit Pincus/ayoob status one of these years.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Well, how many do you have ?
    EDIT, forgot to respond because i was on my phone and I didn't see this part...

Are we talking about complete and ready to shoot ARs?
    Are we talking about complete but need tuning ARs?
    Are we talking about only partially built or spare parts for ARs?
    Or are we talking about naked receivers (upper and lower) waiting in line for their chance to get started?

So I guess the answer is "obviously more than 4, but with no currently known upper limit".
    Last edited by DrScaryGuy; 07-28-2019 at 07:44 AM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast