Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FishinJoe View Post
    Please listen to me and run far from PSA if you like your money. While I have AR's from a few different companies, you cannot beat PSA for the price. I just got a complete 300 Blackout upper from them for $220. PSA always has some really good deals going on that make you wonder how they make any money off of it.
    Lol yep.

Name:  22580576_601147183609616_5551413644337610752_n.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  40.3 KB

MGO Member
    Now to be serious. The real question is how mechanically inclined are you? If you can change disc brakes you can build an AR lower yourself if you just get a PSA upper. The problem with that is upfront cost on some tools. Don't worry about that too much though as ARs tend to procreate when you aren't paying attention.

If you are worried get the sw mp15. If you are going to get 2-3-4 ar15s nice, sorta nice, 2-3 calibers etc then it doesnt matter.

Dip your toes in the PSA water.

You can always get your money back on a rifle that cheap.

Just buy what you like, do not buy a factory built rifle, and then take 2/3 the stuff off and throw it in a drawer and spend 60 percent more than you needed to.

Same idea with your 1911, ruger 1022 etc.

Just be honest with yourself from the start.

The few PSA complete builds I've had personal experience with have all had issues, IMO they're junk and I wouldn't spend my money on them.

That being said, you can get a complete build from them for such a ridiculously cheap price that it's hard to complain too much. I'd probably chance PSA over a S&W if I had to choose one of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    The few PSA complete builds I've had personal experience with have all had issues, IMO they're junk and I wouldn't spend my money on them.

That being said, you can get a complete build from them for such a ridiculously cheap price that it's hard to complain too much. I'd probably chance PSA over a S&W if I had to choose one of the two.
    even if they sw mp sport II 15 is only 80 bucks more ?

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Quote Originally Posted by wizzi01 View Post
    Now to be serious. The real question is how mechanically inclined are you? If you can change disc brakes you can build an AR lower yourself if you just get a PSA upper. The problem with that is upfront cost on some tools. Don't worry about that too much though as ARs tend to procreate when you aren't paying attention.
    Decent comparison - You'll need to know where to grease, where to clamp, you'll probably swear a bit while trying to fit things together, and you should have a torque wrench for both.

If you have a torque wrench, you'll only NEED about $20-$40 in special tools, and even some of those you can skip. I'd say the AR is easier, but does require a bit more fine work with tiny punches and mini-hammers.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Just buy what you like, do not buy a factory built rifle, and then take 2/3 the stuff off and throw it in a drawer and spend 60 percent more than you needed to.
    You must have hidden cameras in my house
    There always a few swapped out parts laying around, which causes me to build a new rifle with them. And somehow, after I build that rifle, there are always a few swapped out parts laying around.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Here's a wrench in your works

Sig M400 5.56NATO 16`` VTAC BLK ROMEO 5 RED DOT $850
    VTAC is a good set up upgrades. The ambidextrous safety selecter is nice, the freefloat mlok rail is a great upgrade (adds a few ounces at the front though), the QD sling endplate is good, and the romeo5 is about a $150 optic ($120 on internet sale)
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Don’t do it. The first time you borrow a mid level AR from the nice guy at the range in the next bay, you’ll have instant regerts. Save up a few bucks more and go higher quality so you aren’t trying to sell a PSA or SW with no resale value to it. Don’t ask me how I know this.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by heyyoustoopid View Post
    Don’t do it. The first time you borrow a mid level AR from the nice guy at the range in the next bay, you’ll have instant regerts. Save up a few bucks more and go higher quality so you aren’t trying to sell a PSA or SW with no resale value to it. Don’t ask me how I know this.
    Yawn. PSA makes a hell of a decent AR for the price.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    I've built a bunch have had no issues. Perhaps you should stick to buying instead of trying to build.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast