Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sig P365 XL issues already

Anyone check youtube lately on this? I have an opportunity to get one and I'm very concerned about this, tryin to decide between this and black Glock 43X. Ideas, opinions?

I am a Forum User
    Glock>Cohen Sig

I am a Forum User
    To me, the whole point of the P365 is it’s small enough to pocket carry. The XL isn’t. If you’re gonna go XL size, may as well go P320. Unless you wear tight clothing, you won’t notice the bit of extra thickness except when you’re shooting and it’s easier to grip. Or if you have tiny hands. But people never really seem to know what they want. P365 is so small! It’s awesome! Can you make it bigger? Oh you made it bigger, but now I can’t conceal as easy. Or, OMG a single stack G19 would’ve soooo perfect! Wait, they made one finally? Eh, I’m good with my G22.

It never is bad to have options. Just some people can’t handle them.

I need to do some additional testing with my own but I've got about 100 rounds through it so far. Had the failure to return to battery the first couple mags but ran fine after that. I had a Glock 43X and sold it after a couple weeks, just didn't really do anything for me. I find the 365 XL to be more comfortable to hold and shoot than the 43X, I get 2 more rounds, I like the trigger better and I don't have to replace the stock sights out of the box. Although I would compare the 365XL to the 48, not the 43X.

To be totally honest, if you just want the extra mag capacity, I would just buy a regular 365 (which has a pretty proven track record at this point now that they've worked out the kinks) and get some 12 round mags for it. Then buy the flat trigger from Sig if you really want that too. I've shot the 365 with 12 round mag and my XL side by side and the difference in felt recoil/muzzle is so minute that I don't think it's even worth mentioning.
    Last edited by castrotikon; 07-30-2019 at 08:47 AM.

With how many issues the regular P365 had upon release (over a year of the same issue...) are we actually going to act surprised that their new design, the XL version, has issues?

Come on now.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyChryst View Post
    To me, the whole point of the P365 is it’s small enough to pocket carry. The XL isn’t. If you’re gonna go XL size, may as well go P320. Unless you wear tight clothing, you won’t notice the bit of extra thickness except when you’re shooting and it’s easier to grip. Or if you have tiny hands. But people never really seem to know what they want. P365 is so small! It’s awesome! Can you make it bigger? Oh you made it bigger, but now I can’t conceal as easy. Or, OMG a single stack G19 would’ve soooo perfect! Wait, they made one finally? Eh, I’m good with my G22.

It never is bad to have options. Just some people can’t handle them.
    People are out there buying one of each, in multiple colors, and generations.

They can't say no.

Glock makes hand guns for under $100, and there's a decent amount of people who have bought the same gun over and over.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Glock makes hand guns for under $100, and there's a decent amount of people who have bought the same gun over and over.
    Just like Meat Loaf's Bat Out Of Hell or Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon albums, people keep buying them over and over ...

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kpkimmel83 View Post
    Anyone check youtube lately on this? I have an opportunity to get one and I'm very concerned about this, tryin to decide between this and black Glock 43X. Ideas, opinions?
    Glock 43x gets my vote mine has been flawless.Not a fancy pants pistol but goes BANG every time I pull the trigger..

I have yet to see any issues with the XL. The only negative YouTube review I found was painfully obvious the shooter couldn’t grip a gun properly and was inducing failures. Even MAC is giving it raving reviews and he trashed the original P365 multiple times.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

MGO Member
    Friend picked his up Saturday. Racked the slide once, pulled the trigger and tried to rack it again to check trigger reset. Couldn't rack the slide. After he and the dealer messed with it they were barely able to rack the slide. Only with great effort could the slide be moved. Dealer put a 365 upper on the 365x lower and it seemed to function fine. It's on it's way back to Sig.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast