Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by kramer View Post
    Friend picked his up Saturday. Racked the slide once, pulled the trigger and tried to rack it again to check trigger reset. Couldn't rack the slide. After he and the dealer messed with it they were barely able to rack the slide. Only with great effort could the slide be moved. Dealer put a 365 upper on the 365x lower and it seemed to function fine. It's on it's way back to Sig.
    Good grief...

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    Good grief...
    I know right. And he is still going to buy one.
    On a good note. I have had my 365 for about one year, 500+ rounds without a hiccup. No complaints. Unfortunately Sig seems to bring new models to market too soon.

I am a Forum User
    Unless you have an old sig thats from west Germany, I.E. Id flush the rest of their guns, why do you think they sell reman sigs on major websites? There over price garbage, nothing but selling their name the quality is nothing like there hand guns in the 90s. Glock all the way, id buy a ruger p89 over anything they sell today period.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbirdkid View Post
    Unless you have an old sig thats from west Germany, I.E. Id flush the rest of their guns, why do you think they sell reman sigs on major websites? There over price garbage, nothing but selling their name the quality is nothing like there hand guns in the 90s. Glock all the way, id buy a ruger p89 over anything they sell today period.
    Now thats funny.. My NEWER sigs will run all day long with my glocks.I find it strange if the newer sigs are such JUNK why is the sig M17 & M18 the Military issued side arm ??
    Last edited by coobie; 08-12-2019 at 02:19 PM.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tbirdkid View Post
    You hear this a lot, especially when pining for the West German Sigs. From a manufacturing perspective, a whole lot of those older guns were folded sheet metal with some components welded in. Today they have very precise CNC machines that can turn out frames and slides with extreme consistency. Today they have better metallurgy and better coating options.

You can argue whether the engineering change of switching from the short to long extractor was really an improvement or not. You can't argue that once dialed in, the manufacturing of the guns leads to a less consistent, or to a larger tolerance stackup, than what they produced three decades ago.

I have several Sig's - with the exception of the Mosquito, which is a turd, every single one always feeds whatever I put in it, always goes bang, and does so accurately.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by coobie View Post
    Now thats funny.. My NEWER sigs will run all day long with my glocks.I find it strange if the newer sigs are such JUNK why is the sig M17 & M18 the Military issued side arm ??
    The military had if I remember correctly 47 revisions after the contract was signed before they would accept the JUNK M17/M18s.

I'm very glad that my agency wisely went with Glock over Sig!

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff s View Post
    The military had if I remember correctly 47 revisions after the contract was signed before they would accept the JUNK M17/M18s.

Always enjoy brand war threads.
    Last edited by coobie; 08-13-2019 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff s View Post

I’m not sure I’d use the military’s decision making as a barometer for, well, anything really.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pscipio03 View Post
    I’m not sure I’d use the military’s decision making as a barometer for, well, anything really.
    THIS

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by j-squared View Post

I have several Sig's - with the exception of the Mosquito, which is a turd, every single one always feeds whatever I put in it, always goes bang, and does so accurately.
    Sig just puts their name on the Mosquito, and discontinued it. It is manufactured by GSG, and you can still get them today just not with Sig branding. I had one too, couldn't reliably feed anything.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast