Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 45

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    I'll be shooting it next week at the cabin. Internet service is sketchy up there at best. Will give a report when I get back home.

Have a bunch of Turkish guns, nothing bad to say. Really like the CZ type anyway. Don't think I have ever had even one issue with the CZ75 & it's clones. Hope the '97 clone is as good.
    don't be surprised if the grips crack off under recoil. It's a common problem on those. Tillandergungrips makes replicas out of a better material for around $24 shipped that you can get in any color you can dream of.

No problem with the grips as of now. Would love to find some nice wood grips for it, or maybe even some G10's. Just a bit too plain jane for me.

Shot 100 rounds of Remington FMJ without issue. Had to adjust the rear sight to my eye, but after that, at 21', it is a real tack driver. Shoots better than I can, Only issue is, after market mags that won't hold the slide open on the last round. They function ok besides that. The one OEM mag works great. Doubt I will ever carry this beast, so for a range gun, I can deal with the mag issue. Having 14+1 in 45 acp is a plus too. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the deal.

Will post some pics when I get the camera out.
    Last edited by DEVIL DOG; 08-16-2019 at 02:41 PM.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    No problem with the grips as of now. Would love to find some nice wood grips for it, or maybe even some G10's. Just a bit too plain jane for me....
    There is a thriving aftermarket custom grip industry in Turkey and they do make fancy wood grips for the K2.

Another maker has a couple nice wood grips for about $60. Gonna look into those too. I think this will be a great range gun. Pretty heavy so recoil is manageable.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

71 AND COUNTING

Found a deal on line for grips.https://www.ksdgripsusa.com/ They have some nice looking stuff for a reasonable price. Will be getting a pair soon. Think this gun will look killer with some ROSEWOOD on it. So far I really like it, so adding some color to it will be cool & worth the extra $$$
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DEVIL DOG; 08-16-2019 at 03:09 PM.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

71 AND COUNTING

Ordered the grips from TURKEY. May not like their politics, but they do make some fine firearms, & accessories. Only took a few days to get them. Came FEDEX from Turkey, in a box, wrapped in bubble warp inside of a baggie. Looked like jewelry. All for $60

The fit & detail on these grips is beyond compare. It's what the gun needed to make it pop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DEVIL DOG; 08-23-2019 at 10:53 PM.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

71 AND COUNTING

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by CyborgWarrior View Post
    Smith and Wesson 625 quickly became a favorite for me.
    +1 on the 625. Mine is a 5” and I’ll never part with it. It will be my last.45 standing!

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by j-squared View Post
    You can find hardly used Sig P220 and P227 well within your price range.
    I've shot both as rentals when looking to purchase a 45. They shoot the same for me, P220 is single stack, P227 is double stack (mag capacity of 10 I think).
    Sig still makes the P220 but has discontinued the P227, if that matters.

I actually ended up getting the full size P320 in 45 as I already had in 9mm and liked it.
    How do you like the P320 .45? My 320 is the Carry model with the compact slide and full size grips I really like it!

I am a Forum User
    Sit in SAS is pretty amazing.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HiPowerRon View Post
    How do you like the P320 .45? My 320 is the Carry model with the compact slide and full size grips I really like it!
    Sorry, I didn't see this question.
    The .45 version of the P320 I have is full size. SHoots easy, accurate, and has a special place in a push button safe under my bed.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345