Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

A legal 12ga pistol?

This thing really caught my eye as a “that’s cool” range toy. Though, it was advertised in a “shipped to your door, NO paperwork!” shady sort of way on a click bait ad.

https://americanguncraft.com/product...backorder-now/

Side by side 12ga pistol, OAL 10”. They are a little sneaky in the fact it’s not blatantly advertised as an inline black powder gun.

From my understanding though, being it’s not a ‘firearm’ the OAL/ barrel length/ pistol configuration is entirely moot as a ‘shotgun’ because it is not a shotgun...but an ‘antique firearm’ correct?

Even if it only gets pulled out once a year....I may still have to order one.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post

Side by side 12ga pistol, OAL 10”. They are a little sneaky in the fact it’s not blatantly advertised as an inline black powder gun.

From my understanding though, being it’s not a ‘firearm’ the OAL/ barrel length/ pistol configuration is entirely moot as a ‘shotgun’ because it is not a shotgun...but an ‘antique firearm’ correct?

Even if it only gets pulled out once a year....I may still have to order one.
    It IS a "firearm" it just falls under the sub-classification of "muzzleloader" or "antique" which do not have the same purchase and possession regulations (at the federal level) as most other "firearms" (State laws vary).

The term "firearm" is all encompassing. All rifles, shotguns, pistols, etc. are also "firearms", if they use the expanding gasses of an "explosion" to propel a projectile.
    The devil is in the details and if everyone uses the proper terms, things will be clearer.

Michigan has NO restrictions on this (other than age), and if they ever come back in stock, you can have it delivered to your door. This particular one is a modern adaptation (inline) of a Howdah Pistol (side lock). Look around, you can find them in different calibers/gauges. 20ga ball (.595/.600) are easier to find than .712/.715 for a 12 ga.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I do remember the howdah now that you bring it up. I’m just getting back into BP again after a decade or so of not even handling one.

What really has me excited about this guy, is the in-line layout and single center hammer. Though, it looks like people have paid for these 6-8 months ago and have still yet to see their product show up. It sounds like this manufacturer either can’t get them right, or is new to manufacturing and is stringing customers along for a ride until they can figure out how to produce these.

The demo video I came across made and produced by this company doesn’t inspire confidence. The shooter is holding the thing in a very awkward way, with multiple cuts in a 20 second video. My guess is the engineering sucks on it, and they can’t get it to reliably function the way it’s designed as is. Hopefully they get it sorted out.