Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)

Holster recommendation/help

Hey guys, need a little help finding a holster.

I'm looking for a leather IWB holster for a Glock17 with a threaded barrel. It can be a paddle or a belt clip, it does, however, need to have a closed end at the muzzle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

you want only all weather, no interest in a hybrid ?

The hybrids will "stay open" and not close up on you if you want to reholster ?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by mudoven View Post
    Hey guys, need a little help finding a holster.

I'm looking for a leather IWB holster for a Glock17 with a threaded barrel. It can be a paddle or a belt clip, it does, however, need to have a closed end at the muzzle.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
    I have to ask, why the closed muzzle end? Great place for dirt and "stuff" to end up.

I carry my 17 AIWB with a RCS VG2 and love it, but would also look at some by Philster and Holster CO.

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    I do prefer leather to kydex, I'm not really concerned about the holster closing up, as I plan on just leaving the pistol in the holster until needed. As far as having a closed end, my main concern was the knurled thread protector rubbing on my backside, and perhaps rusting due to sweat. Debris build up is a valid concern, so that is no longer a requirement. I checked out the RCS VanGuard2, and wow...it is so minimalist I'm surprised it's even considered a holster, more of a belt clip.

I ended up purchasing a Galco V-Hawk from a local GS and am quite pleased with it. Thanks for your input guys.
    https://www.galcogunleather.com/v-ha..._8_7_1330.html

galco is nice, I have one I no longer use, but they are nice and hold up well.