Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

'Serious movement' brewing to overturn entire Second Amendment

Adam Kinzinger: 'Serious movement' brewing to overturn entire Second Amendment

By Nick Gavas
    Fox News
    August 7th. 2019

Rep. Adam Kinzinger, R-Ill., said there is a political movement brewing in the United States to try and overturn the Second Amendment in its entirety, and do away with a citizen's right to keep and bear arms.

Kinzinger, who wrote a piece following the mass shootings in Dayton and El Paso supporting "red-flag" laws, said there is an inherent danger of political overshoot that could create a stream of unintended consequences, but claimed it would be better than doing nothing.

"It is unfair that you would deny somebody a right by putting a restriction in place because... I own an AR. 99.99 percent of us are responsible with these guns. But as a society, we can't predict individual behavior," he said on "The Daily Briefing," Wednesday.

Kinzinger added: "We have to make societal differences and changes... attitudes are turning so much against the Second Amendment that the thing that we risk is that there will be a serious movement to not just create restrictions but to overturn the whole amendment. Now, by the way, your freedom of religion is protected by the First [Amendment]. If we begin to start to repeal the Bill of Rights, who knows where this whole thing goes."

We are going to get Attachment 79677 ed in a few short months or sooner.

The only question is how long the skroos will be.

I am a Forum User
    "We have to make societal differences and changes... attitudes are turning so much against the Second Amendment that the thing that we risk is that there will be a serious movement to not just create restrictions but to overturn the whole amendment."
    Horse Hockey.

Outright lie to scare 2A supporters into accepting restrictions "in order to save the Amendment itself".

If enough people do not agree with or like the 2A they are free to change it given the process outlined in the Constitution. That's how it is supposed to work and if they have the numbers to pull it off then good job. At least that is following the Constitution unlike everything else they have done.

I am a Forum User
    3rd holler on the right then up the road a piece.
    Last edited by Hawgrider; 08-08-2019 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Changed my mind.

They will always be chipping away at the Second Amendment. We give up “assault weapons”, they check that box and go after “sniper rifles”, check that box and move on to semiauto pistols. No citizen needs a “magnum” revolver.

I was on the fence about red flag laws, no longer. This whole charade is not about safety, it’s about power. It is just a way to bypass the other steps and move right to confiscation, and make it as easy as getting someone banned on Facebook.
    Last edited by CyborgWarrior; 08-09-2019 at 05:16 AM.

Red flag laws are the most scariest thing being used to attack the 2A ever. Any pissed off neighbor, ex girlfriend/ spouse will have the OP to ruin a life. There had better be a dozen redundant due process procedures in place before I fall for this garbage.

Sure, there are folks that given the chance will misuse a firearm, But who's to say who that person is. I do agree that the question about being involuntarily committed is not enough in some cases. But in reality, no back ground check, or other restriction on the 2A will stop this violence.

Whatever you & I think is an infringement will not matter. Something is going to happen this time, & it will not be pretty.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    Red flag laws are the most scariest thing being used to attack the 2A ever. Any pissed off neighbor, ex girlfriend/ spouse will have the OP to ruin a life. There had better be a dozen redundant due process procedures in place before I fall for this garbage.

Sure, there are folks that given the chance will misuse a firearm, But who's to say who that person is. I do agree that the question about being involuntarily committed is not enough in some cases. But in reality, no back ground check, or other restriction on the 2A will stop this violence.

Whatever you & I think is an infringement will not matter. Something is going to happen this time, & it will not be pretty.
    I agree.

(But it won't affect Feinstein and her ilk who are more dangerous than a gang-banger w/ a stolen Glock.)

I am a Forum User
    I've been a lifelong Democrat, but Elizabeth Warren's tirade against the 2nd Amendment she published today is making me think I'm going to leave the Presidential portion of my ballot blank in 2020 if she gets the nomination. That chick is insane.

So yeah, there's a serious movement, all right.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUSpartan99 View Post
    I've been a lifelong Democrat, but Elizabeth Warren's tirade against the 2nd Amendment she published today is making me think I'm going to leave the Presidential portion of my ballot blank in 2020 if she gets the nomination. That chick is insane.

That settles it. I'm crossing over and voting for Buffy Warren during the primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUSpartan99 View Post

I was a lifelong democrat at one time. All the democrat candidates are insane. I hope that you understand that very, very soon.
    Last edited by kryl; 08-14-2019 at 08:05 AM. Reason: A kinder and more diplomatic answer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast