Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pocket carry

I am a Forum User

Pocket carry

Hello everyone,
    I am currently looking for a pocket carry firearm. I can't decide between a revolver or a small pocket 9mm.
    Any advice would be great. I am looking for a reasonable price and reliable pistol or revolver.

Thanks for looking
    Rich

MGO Member
    Start out by finding something the fits your hand then find the one that just darn near points its self. After all that is done do the research on its track record and how it has held up, next step is go rent one and see for your self if it's right for you.

go shoot a couple of the snappy revolvers and a 380 and a 9mm. To get a reference point.

Good ones to start with, get a 357 ruger lcr, but shoot 38 in it, try a cm9/pm9 kahr, ruger lcp, or whatever is closest to your main carry gun.

What is your carry or nightstand gun (s) ?

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

definitely pay some attention to .380
    a lot of 380s are smaller than 9mms, which is better for a pocket, and push similar weight bullets at similar speeds these days
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

Quote Originally Posted by DrScaryGuy View Post
    definitely pay some attention to .380
    a lot of 380s are smaller than 9mms, which is better for a pocket, and push similar weight bullets at similar speeds these days

I am a Forum User
    This might be a strange question, but what kind of pants do you wear? I'm old, so I wear baggy jeans and khakis. With a concealment flap pocket holster, I've gotten away with pocket carrying a Glock 17. That wouldn't work with skinny jeans.

And get a good belt. It's essential for pocket carry, maybe even more so than with IWB.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks for all your responses so far keep them coming. As for what kind of pants do I wear. I usually wear blue jeans in the winter not baggy jeans and summer is basically shorts.

MGO Member
    Lcr in 327 Federal might be an option if you like revolvers.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by MSUSpartan99 View Post
    This might be a strange question, but what kind of pants do you wear? I'm old, so I wear baggy jeans and khakis. With a concealment flap pocket holster, I've gotten away with pocket carrying a Glock 17. That wouldn't work with skinny jeans.

And get a good belt. It's essential for pocket carry, maybe even more so than with IWB.
    Some find that pockets are best if they have a 'long' entry slit and are nearly vertical as compared to more horizontal. Some can carry a CM9 easily in such a pocket with plenty of access to the pistol while the slant of the pocket itself will automatically catch the holster while drawing and free the pistol while the open-top holster stays in the pocket.

Also can pay to have a winter coat with 2 lower flap pockets (ala Carhart) which are wide yet allow the holster to be 'snagged' in the pocket while the pistol is drawn.
    Last edited by PeeDee; 08-12-2019 at 08:14 AM.

I am a Forum User
    I have thought about the LCR 327, not too familiar with the round. Any suggestions for what type of ammo and what grain for 327?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast