Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pocket carry

I am a Forum User
    Revolvers are not as thin as single stack semi-autos, and in my opinion are difficult to pocket carry. That being said I pocket carry a S&W J-Frame in a jacket pocket in the winter, mainly because it can be fired while in the pocket if needed. Otherwise, I'd recommend a S&W Bodyguard, Ruger LCP or LCP II for pocket carry. Glock 42, 43, or even a Sig P365 might be small enough as well. Larger than that not only is the size an issue, but the weight.

MGO Member
    I pocket carry a Ruger LC9 just about every day. Hardly even notice it anymore.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

MGO Member
    I bought a Sig P365, it has pretty much replaced my snubby S&W 638 for pocket carry, as well as OWB. 10 rounds with one more chambered, the flat based magazine fits in my right front pocket with a 15 round mag in my other pocket, is way mo’ better than 5 rounds and a 5 round speed loader. The little Sig has way better sights (Sig X Ray night sights), 9mm is a little more powerful than.38spl, but in this gun is way more comfortable to shoot, and is easier to achieve more accuracy than a snubby.

Forgot to mention that I often carry a Ruger LCP in my pocket, mostly in the summer months when wearing lightweight shorts and such. I know you mentioned 9mm, but a .380 is better than a 9mm left at home.
    Last edited by Warhorse; 08-13-2019 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Edited to add LCP info

I started out with a S&W 442, then went to a Sig P290RS, then a LCR 357. All are good pocket carry but after buying a LCP , the small size and light weight make it my go to unless I'm going to the hood.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by GreaseMonkeySRT View Post
    Revolvers are not as thin as single stack semi-autos, and in my opinion are difficult to pocket carry.
    if you have trouble pocket carrying a 442/642 or LCR, there is something wrong with your pants. BTW, the latest trend of flex fabrics for jeans and pants has been a god-send to the concealed carrier.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    if you have trouble pocket carrying a 442/642 or LCR, there is something wrong with your pants. BTW, the latest trend of flex fabrics for jeans and pants has been a god-send to the concealed carrier.
    Hummmm
    I thought if you have room to carry a gun in your pocket, your pants are too big/baggy.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dwcopple View Post
    Semi-autos are still thinner are they not?

I compete in powerlifting and have massive thighs. Pocket carry is usually never an option for me.

I am a Forum User
    If you haven't found a pistol/revolver yet, check out this comparison video of the Ruger LCP, KelTec P3AT, I.O. Inc HellCat and the Taurus TCP. It's a good video to see the differences between some popular guns. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K6vKL0mmXQ

I ended up buying the TCP because I was short on cash and I found a used one for sale. I've shot about 150 rounds through it without any issue*******. It's thin and fits well in my gym shorts or jean pockets with my pocket holster. It isn't "fun" to shoot by any means, it isn't a range toy, but I doubt you'd find many people who shoot pocket pistols for "fun." Also .380 is more expensive to shoot for pleasure than 9mm.

***I have two mags. A factory Taurus mag and a ProMag. The gun functions flawlessly with the factory mag but the ProMag falls out of the gun after each shot. You can pop it out of the gun without depressing the mag release. So if you get a TCP, I recommend using Taurus mags. There's plenty of info on the interwebs about the mag issue. Otherwise it's been good value for the money.

I am a Forum User
    And remember: No hammers, levers, or sights that are formed in such a manner as to pose a pocket snag whilst drawing! You wouldn't want to be caught with your pistol halfway out...

I am a Forum User
    I don't pocket carry anymore, but any gun that goes in a pocket gets a holster.

Lucky Gunner's YouTube channel has a lot of great information.
    Pocket Pistol VS Snubnose revolvers.
    Why the Best Snub Nose Caliber is .32

Just a couple videos from them on this subject.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast