Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pocket carry

MGO Member
    I carried my Ruger LCP2 for almost 2 years and finally last year upgraded to a SIG P365. Hard to beat 10 shots of 9mm in a package that is only slightly larger than the LCP2.

Where exactly do you live? What alarm system do you have? Do you own a dog? Where do you store your guns?

I am a Forum User
    I would go Ruger LCR as well

Quote Originally Posted by 93bandit View Post
    If you haven't found a pistol/revolver yet, check out this comparison video of the Ruger LCP, KelTec P3AT, I.O. Inc HellCat and the Taurus TCP. It's a good video to see the differences between some popular guns. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0K6vKL0mmXQ

I ended up buying the TCP because I was short on cash and I found a used one for sale. I've shot about 150 rounds through it without any issue*******. It's thin and fits well in my gym shorts or jean pockets with my pocket holster. It isn't "fun" to shoot by any means, it isn't a range toy, but I doubt you'd find many people who shoot pocket pistols for "fun." Also .380 is more expensive to shoot for pleasure than 9mm.

***I have two mags. A factory Taurus mag and a ProMag. The gun functions flawlessly with the factory mag but the ProMag falls out of the gun after each shot. You can pop it out of the gun without depressing the mag release. So if you get a TCP, I recommend using Taurus mags. There's plenty of info on the interwebs about the mag issue. Otherwise it's been good value for the money.
    I recently purchased a Mec-Gar TCP magazine and it looks to be just as well if not better made than the factory magazine. However, I have not fired the gun with it yet.

Surprised no one's mentioned it, but for true pocket carry you can't beat a Seecamp LWS32. Some might knock the round, but if you're down to pocket carry it's a solid choice and beloved by many. I have one for when I really want to conceal or cut down on the weight and I like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by bae125 View Post
    Surprised no one's mentioned it, but for true pocket carry you can't beat a Seecamp LWS32. Some might knock the round, but if you're down to pocket carry it's a solid choice and beloved by many. I have one for when I really want to conceal or cut down on the weight and I like it a lot.
    is it the same frame as the 380 seacamp ?

I never shot one but used to be interested in the 380 seacamps and rohrbaugh 380 but never had the chance to shoot one, then the cheaper poly stuff got really popular and REALLY cheap.

I am a Forum User
    When I’m forced into pocket carry because of my clothing choice I carry a S&W Bodyguard in a DeSantis holster.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    is it the same frame as the 380 seacamp ?
    I believe lol the Seecamps are on the same frame. I’ve been pocket carrying a 380 for over 10 years now as a light clothing pocket pistol and definitely like it better then any of the Kel Tek or Ruger competition. It is not however a range toy, but as a last ditch “belly gun” it can’t be beat.
    Recoil is brutal and the gun comes without sights or a means to install them which might be a problem for some.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

I run a Ruger lcrx .357mag in a sticky holster.

Light ,compact ,good to go wearing shorts or long pants and plenty of firepower.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by thedonn007 View Post
    I recently purchased a Mec-Gar TCP magazine and it looks to be just as well if not better made than the factory magazine. However, I have not fired the gun with it yet.
    Let me know how it works in your TCP. Was it cheaper than the Taurus mag? As far as quality goes, the ProMag appeared to be equal quality to the factory mag. The reason it doesn't work in the gun is because the two mag catch slots on the ProMag are a different size and the front face of the mag is more round whereas the Taurus mag front face is flatter. Both the rounded leading edge coupled with the slightly different mag catch slots reduces contact between the mag release and the slots and allows the mag to pop out with little pressure.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast