Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Member

Range measurment

Question came up today that I couldn't answer so I'll ask here. Was shooting a 7 yard/21 ft target. Is that measured from muzzle or are your toes at the line with muzzle extended arms length over the line.

Over all doesn't make much difference bust wondered proper way.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by gjgalligan View Post
    Question came up today that I couldn't answer so I'll ask here. Was shooting a 7 yard/21 ft target. Is that measured from muzzle or are your toes at the line with muzzle extended arms length over the line.

Over all doesn't make much difference bust wondered proper way.
    From the NRA action pistol rule book, Ch 6 range standards"

"Firing Line-The range for pistol competitions shall have a firing line. The shooting distances shall be measured from the face of the competition target to the firing line (that point beyond which no part of the competitor’s body may touch the ground). Such line will be clearly marked."

MGO Member
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by gjgalligan View Post
    Thanks!
    If you are confused about OUR pistol range, it is the range that is screwed up. The distances to the target backers are measured from inner set of columns, not the edge of the concrete, a two yard difference.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

MGO Member
    It was in general type question at a "home range".
    But thanks for the info.