Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Our club held a free women's CPL class on August 4th

The Black Bottom Gun Club, which is a chapter of the National African American Gun Association, held a free women's CPL class on Sunday, August 4th. We planned this with about 2 months lead time in response to the rapes and murders of women on the East Side of Detroit. Some community groups held hand-to-hand self defense courses, which is important. Other groups passed out whistles; while I get the intent, the outcome was insufficient in my perspective.

Five instructors - Ross Palmer, Karen Noel, Tanisha Moner, Kofi Kenyatta, and Cornelius Washington-Meeks - came together and put on an amazing class. I'm not sure if they are all on here, but they have my sincere thanks and gratitude for making this come to life.

We held the class at the Wayne County Raccoon Hunters Club. I appreciate them for letting us use their space.

Justin Nazaroff from Fenix Ammunition came through and provided the class with ammo; that was a HUGE burden lifted off of us, and I am sincerely grateful for his help.

Century Arms, which distributes Canik pistols in the US, donated THREE (THREE!!!!!) Canik TP9SF Elite handguns. These were raffled off among the women who participated in the class, and they were are now able to defend themselves and their loved ones at home (They'll open carry or use federal transport mode until they get their CPL). This gift was above and beyond my expectations.

Lastly, and definitely not least, I want to thank The Firingline in Westland, MI. Since the beginning, this range and it's ownership has supported our organization by allowing us to host meetings and training there when we need to, and have contributed to our community outreach efforts as well. I cannot say enough good things about the service and staff there. For this event, The Firingline significantly reduced the FFL fee so that the women could take possession of the firearms. If you are in SE Michigan, I HIGHLY recommend visiting The Firingline. At this point, It's the only place I'll intentionally go... and I pass up at least 3 ranges to get there.

That's all. I really just wanted to make MGO aware of the work we're doing, and to publicly thank those in the firearms community who support us.

For more information about the Black Bottom Gun Club, visit us on Facebook, Instagram, or www.blackbottomgunclub.org. For more information about the National African American Gun Association, visit www.naaga.co.
    Co-Founder and President of the Black Bottom Gun Club.
    Midwest Regional Director at National African American Gun Association.
    USCCA Instructor and Training Counselor.
    Want to be a USCCA Instructor? Visit my website

MGO Board of Directors

Awesome work!

How did you advertise it and how many women attended?
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Great work! Thanks for sharing the story and the support from people like Firing line and fenix.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    Awesome work!

How did you advertise it and how many women attended?
    We advertised on FB and IG. Because of the level of interest, we had a raffle for class spots. We had over 300 responses on the FB post, and another 160 on the Google form I created.

We selected 20 students, and 13 showed up.
    Co-Founder and President of the Black Bottom Gun Club.
    Midwest Regional Director at National African American Gun Association.
    USCCA Instructor and Training Counselor.
    Want to be a USCCA Instructor? Visit my website

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Xerses82 View Post
    We advertised on FB and IG. Because of the level of interest, we had a raffle for class spots. We had over 300 responses on the FB post, and another 160 on the Google form I created.

We selected 20 students, and 13 showed up.
    Excellent!

The way we have handled things to avoid "no commitment = no shows" is to have the student cut a check for (whatever value)…IF they show up, we hand them their check back and the class is indeed free. It is just used as a guarantee that they will actually show up. It has worked EXCELLENT for us!
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

Great Job and thank you for the report.
    For as long as but a hundred of us remain alive, never will we on any conditions be brought under English rule. It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.
    MGO Life Member, NRA Life Member, MOC Member.

I am a Forum User
    Great job! Thank you for sharing!