Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

"Universal Background Checks" Mean Gun Registration

"Universal Background Checks" Mean Gun Registration

By Bob Adelmann
    The New American
    August 14th. 2019

The problem, “is that the government does not know” where all the guns are — all estimated 400 million of them — and so how could it be able to track and follow every sale and purchase of them?

The solution: create a national registry so that the government will know the location, and the owner, of every firearm in the country. Then, “universal” will mean what it says: The government will be able to conduct “meaningful” (the president’s words) background checks on every sale and purchase.

California comes close to what the anti-gunners have in mind for the rest of the country:

We saw this scenario play out in California where universal background checks were adopted in the early 1990s. That state now has firearm registration requirements and a confiscation law as well.

Moreover, California has a ten-day waiting period on gun purchases, a requirement that would-be gun buyers first get a gun safety certificate from the state, a one-handgun-a-month purchase limit, a minimum firearm purchase age of 21 years, a ban on campus carry, gun controls on ammunition sales, and more.

Don’t think anti-gunners don’t know this.

That’s why they continue to press for universal background checks that can’t work unless there’s a federal register of every firearm and gun owner in the country.

I am a Forum User
    It doesn't have to.

Swiss-style background checks are nearly 100% and not tied to a particular gun or particular purchase. How it would work here:

1. Any gun buyer can log into the NICS background check system and enter their personal information. The system gives them an ID number that expires in 1 week.
    2. The buyer can then buy firearms from any legal seller. They have to meet face-to-face (or ship the gun to a licensed dealer for the buyer to do the check with), and the buyer shows the ID number. The seller enters that number and the buyer’s identification info into the NICS system, and the system returns just one word: “approved” or “denied”. If the check is approved, they can proceed with the sale.
    3. The system doesn’t collect any information at all on the items being sold/transferred (type, make, model, quantity, etc.) — its only job is to run a comprehensive check on whether the buyer is legally allowed to purchase firearms. After one week, when the ID number expires, the system doesn’t retain any records. (That information is already archived for 20 years on the Form 4473 for all gun shop sales, and that could stay the same.) The system collects no information about the seller, as it’s designed to work perfectly without knowing the seller’s identity.
    4. Transfers between family members are exempt. Non-commercial firearm loans of up to 14 days are also exempt — this is just to accommodate a situation where, say, two people are on a backcountry hunting trip and one needs to lend the other a gun during the trip. They need some way to do that without committing a felony.

I am a Forum User
    Yeah, that's a nice dream there, Zig, full of REAL common sense. Problem is, libturds are in charge of one of the federal houses and this does not meet their agenda. It doesn't allow for the tracking of all firearms for confiscation purposes. And that is the only thing that will satisfy them, full disarmament of the population.

My problem with it is the same I have with the current system: people will fail to provide the correct information to the system. How many times have we seen that in these attacks? People who should have been blackballed for very good reasons still able to "legally" obtain firearms because someone didn't make the right notifications or worse, tried to use some "alternate" form of punishment for something that they should be locked up for.

Honestly, sometimes I wonder if they don't do those things in the hope that the offender will do something worse and allow them to use propaganda to sway public opinion. Remember, we're talking about the same people who are basically ignoring homelessness, drug use and public crapping in favor of dealing with the horror of plastic straws, plastic bags, and 64 oz sodas.

I am a Forum User
    "It doesn't allow for the tracking of all firearms for confiscation purposes. And that is the only thing that will satisfy them, full disarmament of the population"

QFT

Joe