Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: Rifle values ?

I am a Forum User

Rifle values ?

a friend 's father recently passed & my friend wants to sell some long guns he inherited..but has no idea of their value.
    Told him I'd ask on this forum, to get an idea..

1st is a Winchester Model 100 .308 cal w/ Nikon scope ? power

2nd is a Winchester Model 12 12g. 2/3/4" chamber, will full choke

3rd is a Richland Arms Co. 50cal. muzzleloader

all appear to be in very nice condition. will try & post pics..all have what appears to be nice bluing & wood.
    will add info on size scope & whether muzzleloader is flintlock or percussion cap when that info becomes available.

Thanks in advance for helpful responses.

MGO Member
    Win M100, condition is key. $350 to $500+ Pre-64 hand checkered, after that, pressed basket weave.
    Check the left side of trigger guard for stamp indicating that firing pin recall has been done.

M12, not enough details.

Richland Arms ML....good luck.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

18 months ago I sold a 1967 model 100 chambered in .308 for $750 with one magazine. It was in excellent condition with less than 100 rounds through it. The extra 3 mags, Winchester original equipment , went on Ebay for $100 each, new in original box. As far as the recall, Winchester was still doing it for free 2 yrs ago when I inherited the rifle.

A couple Model 100's on Armslist, might help a little.

https://www.armslist.com/classifieds...00+&posttype=7
    " It's not about the size of the circle, it's the loyalty in it. "

" A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.” - Frederick Douglass

" When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state." - Euripides, Orestes

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within." - Unknown

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    update : learned from Tom that the Nikon scope on the Win.model 100, is a 2-7 X 32..

what would that add to the value ?

Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    update : learned from Tom that the Nikon scope on the Win.model 100, is a 2-7 X 32..

what would that add to the value ?
    Looks to be discontinued, Midway shows a price when they sold new.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1009638719?pid=134630
    " It's not about the size of the circle, it's the loyalty in it. "

" A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.” - Frederick Douglass

" When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state." - Euripides, Orestes

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within." - Unknown

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by joepistol View Post
    3rd is a Richland Arms Co. 50cal. muzzleloader.....whether muzzleloader is flintlock or percussion cap when that info becomes available.
    Quote Originally Posted by john.41 View Post
    Richland Arms ML....good luck.
    I can give a little insight on what this is. I can not and will not give a price/value range, there are just too many variables. I really depends on what it actually is in configuration and condition. What is known so far is not promising. Some of it can simply be "googled".

Richland Arms was a company located in Blissfield MI, they were an import company, they didn't manufacture anything. They closed their doors in 1986, and for a muzzle loader that is not an original, older doesn't increase value.

Here is a tidbit, if the company name (importer) is on the firearm, it is most likely not one of the top manufacturers. ie. Uberti or Pedersoli. It was contracted through one of the lesser houses in Italy or Spain, with a smaller number coming from Japan. Each of those sources had their own issues, not to say they were not safe (for the most part), they will just become sort of undependable.

Then there is the market. A lot of this type of firearm were marketed to those that just wanted to extend their hunting season. Those were typically of the short barreled, short stocked "Plains rifle" variety that had a compromised rifling twist rate and were mostly cap lock. These have been replaced in the market by the Stainlesssteelbarrelledpolycarbonatestocked209prim edinlineactionmuzzleloaderinnameonly optic sighted muzzle loaders.

The other side of the market is going to be primarily reenactors. These guys (and gals) are going to be looking for something that is fairly representative of a rifle/smoothbore of the period they are interested in. Most of those will want a long barreled full stocked flintlock, the actual period of caplocks was fairly short.
    Last edited by Roundballer; 08-17-2019 at 10:22 PM.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.