Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig P224

Sig P224 - Update

Update

I've had someone reach out to me and wants to sell me a P224 Sig in 9mm, he says it was his wife's gun and has
    50 rounds through it, comes with three mags, box and everything when purchased new, I don't know at this time
    which model P224 it is at this time, I'm going to get more info at some point, he has asked me for a offer but my
    question is does anyone have any experience with this Sig? I see they are discontinued but don't know why, and
    with this vague info can anyone guess as to the value?

Thanks
    Last edited by dramey82; 09-19-2020 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Update

I am a Forum User
    I have one in 40 and it shoots like a dream. It's a chopped down p229. Value is around $500-$600. Value also depends on trigger (dak) negative value. Sights, what flavor it is, sas,2 tone ,extreme etc.

P224 is the compact version of the famed p226. Look it up, good gun if you like the size and weight. It was not super popular, that's why it was discontinued. Not because of a flaw. P224,226,228,229 all good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by bahnke1 View Post
    I have one in 40 and it shoots like a dream. It's a chopped down p229. Value is around $500-$600. Value also depends on trigger (dak) negative value. Sights, what flavor it is, sas,2 tone ,extreme etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    P224 is the compact version of the famed p226. Look it up, good gun if you like the size and weight. It was not super popular, that's why it was discontinued. Not because of a flaw. P224,226,228,229 all good to go.
    Thanks, as soon as I find out more info I'll post it up, sounds like one I should consider.
    " It's not about the size of the circle, it's the loyalty in it. "

" A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.” - Frederick Douglass

" When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state." - Euripides, Orestes

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within." - Unknown

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    The p229 is the compact version of the p226. The p224 is the compact version of the p229

I am a Forum User
    The 224 is sorta like a G26, only heavier and with a slightly shorter grip. I have skinny fingers and still can't get my ring finger on it very comfortably. I'd pass unless you want a future collector gun. It flopped in the market.

I have one. Great if you have small hands. Even greater if you get some of the extended mags. Feels like a totally different gun with the extended mags.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by DEVIL DOG; 08-17-2019 at 03:37 PM.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    Love mine, if you have bigger hands, throw a 229 or 226 mag in it. They make plastic grip extensions for the 229 mags.
    226 4.4 inch barrel
    229 3.9 inch barrel
    224 3.5 inch barrel

I am a Forum User
    Be aware, 9mm versions usually sell for more than .40. They made a boat load in .40, but not so many in 9mm

I am a Forum User
    My father is a Sig guy

226 tacops
    M11a1

And of them her carries the 224 the least..

For the weight he carries the M11a1, because it’s not that much heavier and it is that much more gun..

A lot of better guns than the 224 in that size bracket..

Glock 26
    HK p30sk
    VP9sk
    CZ Rami
    Etc..

The Sig just isn’t the best in its class

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast