Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Uppers uppers everywhere, but what a choice to make...

Finishing some lowers with the current frenzy. I have had (before selling them or having them sink in that damn boat accident I barely survived) pricy Troy, BCM, quality-parts hand-builds, etc. down to the late Hardened Arms. Sooo, I have looked at Ballistic Advantage, Aero, and others as I try to decide another mil-spec mid-length 5.56, shorty .300 BO, or do something crazy and grab a Grendel that would also require me to lay in expensive ammo. I am not hunting any more, and odds are it would be an heirloom if I were to have another bad boat accident. Any mil-spec stuff that doesn't cost a nut being built out there? Um, but I'll be snobbish to say no PSA

Please let me know
    Last edited by UpNorthWOLF; 08-16-2019 at 09:03 PM.

So, Ballistic Advantage is actually owned by Aero/their parent company so the uppers they both had are probably coming from the same source. That being said, im a big fan of both and have used both brands in several builds and set myself up as an authorized dealer for Aero because I thought their quality was solid.

For that price range, Spikes is solid as well, I know Brownells is sourcing a few parts on their own as well, I wouldn't hesitate to buy their brand either. I believe you can also get parts from DelTon, I've never bought parts from them but I've owned a complete rifle from them and was impressed with it for the price.

If you're looking for a good deal on a BCG, WMD makes a really nice NB coated one for not all that much all things considered, I've personally had one of those.

I've bought some really cheap milspec parts that I never had problems with because as long as they're milspec, you're generally okay (think your end plates, buffers, buffer tubes) but I try not to cut corners on parts like the BCG, barrel, and trigger too much.

I am a Forum User
    Can't go wrong with Aero. I've owned and sold a lot of their stuff and it's great quality. If you are looking at anything Aero, shoot me a note as I can save you some money as I'm a dealer for them.

BCM is also another good choice, and BG Defense makes very good stuff as well, who I'm also a dealer for. They're out of Grand Rapids and the owners are great guys.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator Shyster's Avatar
    Check our Combat Armory right here in Michigan. I bought a 22" .224 Valkyrie upper last month on clearance for $149.00. Took it out to the range the first time and shot 1/2 MOA groups at 300 yards.
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners. Any opinion I express on an issue should not be considered legal advice.

For those interested in establishing an NFA or Gun Trust click here. For my contact information click here. Follow me on Twitter @makowskilegal or my website www.makowskilegal.com

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

For easter me and my nephew built aero m4e1 with ballistic advantage barrels. one had a magpul/psa LPK, the other had a combat armory lpk. both functioned flawlessly.
    So... anything mentioned in this thread so far will probably be fine.

Good to know about the combat armory being that good though. I didn't expect it to have that kind of results. I was going to order a couple of their kits and some 6" pvc...
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.