Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Looking for 223/556 rifle for target shooting only

Hello
    I own 2 x 22lr rifles (bolt and semi-auto) and enjoy target shooting at 25 or 50 yards for cheap
    I'm now looking for something more powerful for 100 yards
    I would like to find something not too expensive - can be bolt or semi
    I don't absolutely want an AR style rifle, but I like a "tactical" look
    I thought about a Mossberg MVP. but i've read the bolt was tricky.....?
    What would be your recommendations?

Thanks

Do you want a ar15 mag like the MVP ?

If not look at savage, arguably best bang for the buck.

MGO Member
    Savage is a good choice for accuracy, without breaking the bank.
    Look at the new AxisII with the accu-trigger, and put a decent variable scope on it that tops out at 12X or 14X.

https://savagearms.com/content?p=fir...ummary&s=57365
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

An AR-15 would be perfectly fine for 100 yard target shooting. You can put together an accurate rifle for not a lot of money.

I am a Forum User
    Depends upon what sights you plan on using. If you want to shoot iron sights, a National Match AR rifle is probably your best choice among semiautomatic rifles, or the Ruger Gunsite Scout Rifle if you want a bolt gun. If you want to shoot a scope, you have many options only limited by your budget.

I am a Forum User
    I don't know what "not too expensive" means to you, but if you want an extremely accurate rifle with a "tactical" look, then consider a Ruger Precision Rifle. You can buy the Ruger Precision Rimfire down the road and have a .22 trainer version of your longer-range rifle.

FWIW, I shoot my .22 LR Ruger Precision Rimfire at 100 yards routinely and can consistently ring a 12" plate with it at 200 yards on a calm day (with looooots of holdover).

maybe give a price range of what you think is not too expensive, too me I interpreted that as something like 300-750ish. There are definitely guys that would suggest something 1,750 before glass. Or turn up noses at stuff under 3k.

You can have a lot of fun with an savage a vortex, or nikon or similar mid low priced scope, 40 rings, shooting at 100-200-300 yards. High high value.