Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Congratulations MWieczork223 - newest Distinguished Rifleman

Congratulations to Matt Wieczorek (mwieczorek223) on legging out today at Bluewater Sportsman’s Association. Matt has been working on this milestone since 2003. To put this into perspective, fewer than 2500 civilians have earned this designation since civilians were allowed to compete for the honor in 1923. The distinguished Rifleman’s badge is the highest marksmanship award authorized by US Law and civilian records are maintained by the Civilian Marksmanship program.
    Last edited by Rootsy; 08-19-2019 at 10:18 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Yes sounds like a congrats to Matt is in order!

I am a Forum User
    Congrats. I always found it funny how the NRA writeups on Camp Perry never mentioned that the majority of the shooters were there for the CMP matches to try to earn leg points.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    Congrats. I always found it funny how the NRA writeups on Camp Perry never mentioned that the majority of the shooters were there for the CMP matches to try to earn leg points.
    We don’t have to worry about that anymore since NRA cut bait and moved everything to Atterbury. CMP is expanding in the absence to fill out the time slot they have to hold the National Matches @ Perry so they don’t lose it. They have created their own smallbore and long range programs and hold 3 days of non-EIC matches which are fired “NRA” style - sighting shots and remain in position for rapid fire.

The Presidents 100 is the most attended match with right around 1100 competitors followed by the NTI (National Trophy Individual) at about 900, which is the EIC match. For those unaware of the uniqueness of the NTI vs every other EIC match of the year it means that every civilian leg awarded is worth 10 points which is also a hard leg. To earn the DR badge a civilian competitor has to accumulate 30 EIC points and one has to be a “hard” leg - an 8 or 10 point leg. Outside of the NTI that means that a competitor has to finish generally first or second amongst all non-distinguished shooters in an EIC match.

I am a Forum User
    Good explanation but I don't think 99% of the posters here have any idea what you're talking about.

I am a Forum User
    Good explanation but I don't think 99% of the posters here have any idea what you're talking about.
    Unfortunately - but I continue to try

I am a Forum User
    Maybe if you call the stages "mag dumps" instead of "rapid fire", they'll be interested...

I am a Forum User
    Maybe if you call the stages "mag dumps" instead of "rapid fire", they'll be interested...
    Scoring rings hurt feelings.

I am a Forum User
    I got it...
    200yd Bunker Hill "don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes" (offhand).
    200-300yd Mag dumps.
    600yd Sniper.
    Everyone will want to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by dave7120 View Post
    Yes sounds like a congrats to Matt is in order!
    I should see him tomorrow, and will tell him.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.