Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Can Anyone Help Me Out Please?

Hi guys.
    I'm 55 and been shootin since I was 3.

You can usually find me at deer camp, alone.....practicing at least 3 times a week.

Pistols and rifles, but my first love is old school revolvers.

I'm tired of shooting by myself, am a fairly decent shot and would like to find a club, or even a few like-minded people to shoot with.

I'm not into timed, hit the targets as fast as you can gigs.

I'm more into wearing a double 6 gun rig, drawing with either hand and nailing what I'm aiming at type of thing.

Pretty handy with a lever gun too.

Not that I don't own and shoot ARs and semi autos, those just aren't really that much of a challenge anymore.

Anyone belong to a group or club that likes to shoot for fun that has room for another guy?

I know ABSOLUTELY nothing about organized competitive shooting.
    Never tried it.
    Not that I wouldn't give it a go I suppose, I usually hit what I'm aim'in at.

Anyway, give me a shout if you happen to know of someplace that fits the bill.

My email is Trprocaller@gmail.com

Thanks!

Oh, btw, I'm located in Montcalm Co.

I am a Forum User
    Most ranges have some kind of regularly scheduled competitive shooting. Sounds to me like you'd like cowboy action. I've never shot it myself but it sounds interesting. I'm not sure whats near you or how far you want to travel. Your profile says Montcalm county. There are a lot of ranges around GR. Every range I've been to has been welcoming to new shooters.

MGO Member
    Maybe this?

https://sassnet.com/

I am a Forum User
    Dear Thunderhead:

I run a pistol team out of the Lansing Area that you might be interested in. Our website is www.ccrcpistolteam.weebly.com.

We compete on a weekly basis indoors in the wintertime, and have periodic practices during the summer. We shoot a 900 point bullseye pistol match using 22LR pistols. Our summertime practices are every second or third Thursday in the evening, and we usually head to the bar afterwards.

Now Lansing might be a bit of a drive for you one of the Teams that we compete with is based out of Ionia at the Western Michigan Rifle and Pistol Club. I can get you contact information if you are interested.

Shoot me a pm for more details if you are interested.

Sincerely,

Cranky

Thanks guys. I will look into these.

I am a Forum User
    Don't dismiss timed shooting such as IDPA. I don't care how I do relative to other participants, but I do enjoy the opportunity to shoot.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by partdeux View Post
    Don't dismiss timed shooting such as IDPA. I don't care how I do relative to other participants, but I do enjoy the opportunity to shoot.
    Yup- when you go to compete only with yourself, it can be very enjoyable.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DP425 View Post
    Yup- when you go to compete only with yourself, it can be very enjoyable.
    It's fascinating watching the top competitors shoot... but I'm too old, too slow, and just don't have the time to devote to practicing that much. Go out, be safe, and have fun being challenged.

LCSA has an extra stage where they bring in real life scenarios. I've learned more in their extra stage then anything else. Funny thing, when we do life fire, especially in a group, I tend to rock the stage... because gamers aren't able to game. Still remember a few years ago, I was the last one to go through the last stage all day. The RSO was dumbfounded at what I did, but it was spot on given the totality of the circumstances. Apparently I was the only one. SWMBO, when I told her what I did, she said yep, that's you.

I see alot of these fellas are shooting rimfire or single actions. ie: Cowboy Action Shooting
    I just have 2 double action Colt .357s and a Henry Rifle shooting the same that I shoot the most.
    I didn't really see anything that would accommodate big bore magnums.
    Maybe I missed it....

Black guns stay in the safe for the most part.

Don't really want to drop that kinda cash to aquire a whole new armory.
    It does sound like an awful lot of fun tho.

I went to Friendship Indiana for the annual rendezvous.
    Anybody that hasn't gone I highly recommend it.
    A step back in time.
    Very cool.
    Last edited by Thunderhead; 08-20-2019 at 10:28 PM.