Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Congrats!

AZ I think is cheaper but requires fingerprints.

Quote Originally Posted by robertm View Post
    Yeah, I was able to do the NH one in less than 3 minutes at my desk at work though so I opted for that route. I would like to get AZ (and any other non-res permit I can) eventually just to have some sort of cool collection.

Quote Originally Posted by 93bandit View Post
    Oh, so it's the same as the issue cost. That's a bummer.
    Yes, but better than having to register. $100 every 5 years is totally fine with me!

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    Expect a well being check from the Northville PD sometime soon…

"We were worried about you since we hadn't seen you dropping off registrations in over a week!"
    Hahaha, I actually haven't been there in quite a bit. It's been a while since I've bought a new handgun.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    It is great news, but not a precedent unless it goes to the appellate level.
    Well let's hope I don't have to be the one who takes it to that level...lol

Quote Originally Posted by robertm View Post

AZ is $60. $43 renewal. It's been almost 5 years, but I think the county sheriff only charged me $9.00 for prints. They were asking questions on why I thought I needed a non resident permit since I could carry under my MI CPL.

Quote Originally Posted by Cletus View Post
    AZ is $60. $43 renewal. It's been almost 5 years, but I think the county sheriff only charged me $9.00 for prints. They were asking questions on why I thought I needed a non resident permit since I could carry under my MI CPL.
    I must be out of the loop, what's nh or az permits allow one to do differently?

What's the downside?

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    I must be out of the loop, what's nh or az permits allow one to do differently?

What's the downside?
    Having a NH or AZ permit (or any other out of state permit) paired with your Michigan CPL allows you to not have to register handguns anymore. So you can just toss RI60's.

Here is the registration law:

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(jnv...ame=mcl-28-432

Read exception F, which states

Section 2 (handgun registration) does not apply to any of the following:

(f) A United States citizen holding a license to carry a pistol concealed upon his or her person issued by another state.

Quote Originally Posted by CyborgHunter View Post
    Congratulations.
    Got mine from AZ. Took a little longer, but much cheaper.

Thanks for sharing the picture too.
    And about ten more fingerprints, too.

Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    Having a NH or AZ permit (or any other out of state permit) paired with your Michigan CPL allows you to not have to register handguns anymore. So you can just toss RI60's
    Is there a link that shows how to get a NH or AZ permit, something Google would show?
    " It's not about the size of the circle, it's the loyalty in it. "

" A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.” - Frederick Douglass

" When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state." - Euripides, Orestes

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within." - Unknown

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by dramey82 View Post
    Is there a link that shows how to get a NH or AZ permit, something Google would show?
    Apparently for AZ you have to actually CONTACT them for an application packet? That's insane. Anyway, here is that : https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/cwp

If you want to spend more money, but have WAY less hassle, no prints, and an easier application, here's NH: https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/...ts/dssp260.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    Apparently for AZ you have to actually CONTACT them for an application packet? That's insane. Anyway, here is that : https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/cwp

If you want to spend more money, but have WAY less hassle, no prints, and an easier application, here's NH: https://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/...ts/dssp260.pdf
    Thanks, green stamp coming your way.
    " It's not about the size of the circle, it's the loyalty in it. "

" A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.” - Frederick Douglass

" When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state." - Euripides, Orestes

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within." - Unknown

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast