Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MGO Member
    How did you respond to the following NH application question?

"For what reason(s) do you make application to carry a pistol in New Hampshire?"

Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by tkurban53 View Post

"For what reason(s) do you make application to carry a pistol in New Hampshire?"

Thx.
    I don’t know why “all legal purposes” wouldn’t work.

Thx.
    You use All proper purposes

I am a Forum User

Thx.
    Requirements:
    1. Be a suitable person to be licensed and has good reason to fear an injury to his person or property or has any other “proper purpose.” Hunting, target shooting or self-defense shall be considered proper purposes.

Just put down "self defense" its a good a reason as any.

Quote Originally Posted by eightbit View Post
    Requirements:
    1. Be a suitable person to be licensed and has good reason to fear an injury to his person or property or has any other “proper purpose.” Hunting, target shooting or self-defense shall be considered proper purposes.

Why not use "All Proper Purposes" like suggested above? They give you examples of what are proper purposes, why not claim all of them? Most people that hunt or are serious about self-defense, would certainly "target shoot" for practice.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Roundballer View Post
    Why not use "All Proper Purposes" like suggested above? They give you examples of what are proper purposes, why not claim all of them? Most people that hunt or are serious about self-defense, would certainly "target shoot" for practice.
    It says to answer a proper purpose and gives examples of proper purpose. In the end I don't think it matters unless you put something inappropriate there.

Requirements:

What? NO.

It literally says. ONLY put "PROTECTION" or "ALL PROPER PURPOSES" in the box. If you put ANYTHING ELSE it will get denied and you just wasted $100.

It says to answer a proper purpose and gives examples of proper purpose. In the end I don't think it matters unless you put something inappropriate there.
    It does not say to answer a proper purpose, it says "A license to carry a loaded handgun may be issued for PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES. One or more
    of these reasons must be noted on the application," Which means you actually have to write the words "PROTECTION" or "ALL PROPER PURPOSES" on the line.

I'm having a hard time actually believing this is difficult to understand for some people.
    Canadian Import.
    μολὼν λαβέ, Ελευθερία ή θάνατος
    Reddit: u/MapleSyrupJediV2 moderator of r/GunAccessoriesForSale & r/MiGuns

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    What? NO.

It literally says. ONLY put "PROTECTION" or "ALL PROPER PURPOSES" in the box. If you put ANYTHING ELSE it will get denied and you just wasted $100.

It does not say to answer a proper purpose, it says "A license to carry a loaded handgun may be issued for PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES. One or more
    of these reasons must be noted on the application," Which means you actually have to write the words "PROTECTION" or "ALL PROPER PURPOSES" on the line.

I'm having a hard time actually believing this is difficult to understand for some people.
    "Self Defense" is literally one of the stated "proper purposes".

"One or more of these reasons must be noted on the application" means "Protection" (which then leads to what "good reason to fear", so don't go there)…or any other "proper purpose" which INCLUDE hunting, target shooting or self-defense…

Therefore, "Self Defense" is a valid "proper purpose" and the application should not be denied. I think you are reading into the instructions a bit too literally.

That said, if it worked for you, it is a valid case of what is acceptable. It would be great to hear from others that have successfully obtained a NH Non-Resident CPL…what worked for them?
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    "Self Defense" is literally one of the stated "proper purposes".

"One or more of these reasons must be noted on the application" means "Protection" (which then leads to what "good reason to fear", so don't go there)…or any other "proper purpose" which INCLUDE hunting, target shooting or self-defense…

Therefore, "Self Defense" is a valid "proper purpose" and the application should not be denied. I think you are reading into the instructions a bit too literally.

That said, if it worked for you, it is a valid case of what is acceptable. It would be great to hear from others that have successfully obtained a NH Non-Resident CPL…what worked for them?
    Where do you see any mention of hunting, target shooting, or self defense?

The language is meant to be taken literal, if you look around on google, people have actually asked the NH State Police for clarification.

They will only approve permit applications that say the exact words "Protection" or "All Proper Purposes" Writing anything else on the line, including "Self defense", will get it rejected.

Edit: Here's two posts to prove what I'm trying to say:

People HAVE been denied for writing anything else, including Self Defense. So just write Protection and save yourself a hassle.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by somecrazygreek; 08-21-2019 at 08:10 AM.
    Canadian Import.
    μολὼν λαβέ, Ελευθερία ή θάνατος
    Reddit: u/MapleSyrupJediV2 moderator of r/GunAccessoriesForSale & r/MiGuns

I am a Forum User
    The instructions I quoted came from usacarry.com.

Somecrazy geek is quoting the instructions from the 2nd page of the application. Here is the relevant excerpt.
    NON-RESIDENT APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS
    ALL LICENSE APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE:
    A license to carry a loaded handgun may be issued for PROTECTION or ALL PROPER PURPOSES. One or more
    of these reasons must be noted on the application, in the space provided for reason(s) for which you make application to carry
    a pistol in New Hampshire
    While I find it hard to believe that if you put self defense they wouldn't accept that. It does seem prudent to put "protection" or "all proper purposes" as the reason.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast