Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    MGO Board of Directors

Where does it say "hunting, target shooting or self-defense"?

In NH's statute:
    http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/.../159/159-6.htm

Hunting, target shooting, or self-defense shall be considered a proper purpose. The license shall be valid for all allowable purposes regardless of the purpose for which it was originally issued.
    I agree the safe answer is "all proper purposes" based on this conversation.

I disagree that the application will get denied and you will lose $100 if you put "self-defense". Self defense is literally one of the examples of "proper purposes" spelled-out in NH's statute governing the issuance of licenses. If someone processing the application doesn't know their own State's law and kicks it back, I'd do as they ask while supplying them some educational materials for their consideration. But, in any case, I don't think you will lose $100 if you write anything other than "PROTECTION" or "ALL PROPER PURPOSES". If those are the only acceptable answers, they should just fill that section out themselves…
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Quote Originally Posted by PhotoTom View Post
    Where does it say "hunting, target shooting or self-defense"?

In NH's statute:
    http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/.../159/159-6.htm

I agree the safe answer is "all proper purposes" based on this conversation.

I disagree that the application will get denied and you will lose $100 if you put "self-defense". Self defense is literally one of the examples of "proper purposes" spelled-out in NH's statute governing the issuance of licenses. If someone processing the application doesn't know their own State's law and kicks it back, I'd do as they ask while supplying them some educational materials for their consideration. But, in any case, I don't think you will lose $100 if you write anything other than "PROTECTION" or "ALL PROPER PURPOSES". If those are the only acceptable answers, they should just fill that section out themselves…
    I'm so confused right now by the point of this conversation.

I mean...not trying to be a dick at all, but I literally just posted proof that they've denied someone for putting "self defense". How do you disagree with that?

I have no idea why this has become an argument. What's the problem for just writing "Protection" and mailing it in? It's incredibly easy and guaranteed. Why try so hard to write something else? What's the point? Why risk wasting your time, postage, and the New Hampshire State Police time? Just follow the instructions on the papers and stop worrying about IF MAYBE they'll still give you one if you write something else, because instructions are too hard.

This is absolutely astounding astounding.

Quote Originally Posted by eightbit View Post
    The instructions I quoted came from usacarry.com.

Somecrazy geek is quoting the instructions from the 2nd page of the application. Here is the relevant excerpt.

While I find it hard to believe that if you put self defense they wouldn't accept that. It does seem prudent to put "protection" or "all proper purposes" as the reason.

I find it hard to believe too, but as I posted above on the previous page, they have denied people for saying Self Defense.
    Last edited by somecrazygreek; 08-21-2019 at 09:57 AM.

I am a Forum User
    I was wrong. I am sorry. As I previously noted the instructions I quoted came from usacarry.com. Which if you google search New Hampshire CPL is where your likely going to end up.

Just noting that your answer was based on the 2nd page of the application itself would have ended debate.

I believe we can now all agree that "protection" or "all proper purposes" are the only appropriate answers to that question on the application. Even if it seems unbelievable that the state with the easiest to acquire non-resident permit is going to be so pedantic. In there defense they make it clear what the correct answer is.

Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    I mean...not trying to be a dick at all...
    Using caps, oversized fonts and questioning peoples intelligence does not give that impression.

MGO Board of Directors

I literally just posted proof that they've denied someone for putting "self defense". How do you disagree with that?
    Do I believe the account of some unknown dude on the internet that claims he wrote "self-defense" and the application got rejected? Did he tell the "whole story"?
    I find it VERY hard to believe!
    It is so intriguing to me that I am very near to filling out an application and mailing with a check for $100 just to see for myself! If they are rejecting applications for stating, literally, EXACTLY what their State Law says is a qualifying reason, that needs to change!

Using caps, oversized fonts and questioning peoples intelligence does not give that impression.
    That is what motivated me to challenge his absolute assertion that your application will be denied and you will lose $100 for writing anything other than "Protection" or "All Proper Purposes"...
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

I was wrong. I am sorry. As I previously noted the instructions I quoted came from usacarry.com. Which if you google search New Hampshire CPL is where your likely going to end up.

Just noting that your answer was based on the 2nd page of the application itself would have ended debate.

I believe we can now all agree that "protection" or "all proper purposes" are the only appropriate answers to that question on the application. Even if it seems unbelievable that the state with the easiest to acquire non-resident permit is going to be so pedantic. In there defense they make it clear what the correct answer is.

I mean, it's valid to question someone's intelligence when they fight so hard to avoid simple instructions given on paperwork that actually TELLS you exactly what to write on the lines to easily acquire a permit.

But hey, maybe that's just me.

MGO Board of Directors

I mean, it's valid to question someone's intelligence when they fight so hard to avoid simple instructions given on paperwork that actually TELLS you exactly what to write on the lines to easily acquire a permit.

I'm filling mine out now…

Where it says "NAME"…I should write "NAME", right?

…same logic!

I am a Forum User

Questioning someone's intelligence to defend your opinion does not add to your credibility. This is a tactic of the weak minded, bullies, and Democrats.

The government and our laws often do not make sense. Denying a permit when following what the law states, does not make sense. I'm glad we can agree on that.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234