Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

National Concealed-Carry Program Proposed to Stop Mass Shootings

These ideas would probably work,but that's exactly why they'll never get implemented.
    The anti gun crowd doesn't want gun laws to work,they just want your guns.

By Chris Jennewein
    The Times of San Diego
    August 19, 2019

“The only way to stop an evil and deranged individual with a weapon is to empower a hero with the training and the tools to take them out,” said DeMaio. “The Second Amendment in the Bill of Rights is not the problem; it is actually the solution to improving our safety and security.”

• Mandatory self-defense curriculum at all schools. Students would be given instruction on what to do in a shooting or terrorist attack.
    • National concealed-carry permit program. Allow individuals who undergo background checks and have proper training to have a concealed-carry permit honored in every state.
    • Improved background checks. All states would be required to report data in a complete and uniform manner to the National Instant Criminal Background Check system.
    • School safety reserve corps. Retired military and law enforcement personnel would be encouraged to volunteer their time at schools.
    • American hero reward program. Any individual who courageously takes down a mass shooter would be given a financial reward, and the family of any individual who gives their life to take down a mass shooter would receive a reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokepole View Post
    These ideas would probably work,but that's exactly why they'll never get implemented.
    The anti gun crowd doesn't want gun laws to work,they just want your guns.

By Chris Jennewein
    The Times of San Diego
    August 19, 2019
    Many think that was already covered by the 2A

I am a Forum User
    100% better idea than anything proposed by the Demoncrats.

American hero reward program. Any individual who courageously takes down a mass shooter would be given a financial reward, and the family of any individual who gives their life to take down a mass shooter would receive a reward.
    I'm not too sure about this part. What's to stop someone from going Vigilante.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

I am a Forum User
    I would replace the American Hero Award with eliminating all gun free zones.

MGO Member
    Much better then anything Democrats are pushing.
    My only criticism would be it's a reaction to the problem not dealing with the core problem of why some people feel the need to act out violently. Yet reality is even if we could get the best intervention programs we will never be able to stop all violent crime or those who feel the need to hurt others.

Good way to create an easily searched data base IE: national registration, at least in a limited way.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    I'm not too sure about this part. What's to stop someone from going Vigilante.
    And why is that bad?
    Maybe if more people quit ignoring others violating the law we would see less of it.

Cops seem to need all the help they can get.