Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

The 'Soft' Racism of Gun Control

By Bob Barr
    Townhall.com
    August 21st. 2019

The historically racist origins of gun control are hardly a topic for debate. As noted by Cato Institute’s David Kopel, the matter of arming blacks in America was the subject of the infamous 1857 Dred Scott decision; with one Supreme Court justice warning about the rights of free blacks “to keep and carry arms wherever they went.” Kopel also notes that as a part of the Black Codes passed in the South during the early post-Civil War Reconstruction, free blacks were required to secure permission from police in order to carry firearms.

From Harriet Tubman, who carried a pistol with her during the heroic rescues of slaves, to abolitionist Frederick Douglass, who quipped “a man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box” -- there is perhaps no other group in American history whose members understand intimately the “right to self-preservation” embodied in the Second Amendment than black Americans.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokepole View Post

By Bob Barr
    Townhall.com
    August 21st. 2019

excellent post! Thanks! It is a topic that many "forget" .. or were not taught enough to know about..

I am a Forum User
    Soft? Dint seem so soft to me.

Joe

I am a Forum User
    All gun control is racist.

About once a year I post the Ossian Sweet story for our newer members,and guests.

The lessons for Second Amendment supporters are obvious and significant, and not to be forgotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by paddy View Post
    Ossian Sweet, October 30, 1895 – March 20, 1960, was an American physician in Detroit, Michigan noted for his armed self-defense of his newly purchased home in a white neighborhood in 1925 against a mob trying to force him out. One of the attacking mob was killed in the violence, and Sweet and his family and friends, who had helped him defend his home, were charged with murder. After an initial mistrial, Sweet and the other defendants were eventually acquitted by an all-white jury in what came to be known as the Sweet Trials.

Second amendment in action.
    Yet the communities most verbal about government overreach and oppression continue to vote for the very party that wants to further disarm them and make them even more helpless.

If the Democrat party was truly for the "little guy", they would be the strongest supporters of arming every American possible. Of course we here already know the Democrat party doesn't want any American citizen owning arms that can possibly be used to resist their tyranny once they have control of the government. They couldn't care less about saving lives. It's only about control.

MGO Member
    What about the soap box?
    No clause in the constitution could by any rule of construction be conceived to give congress a power to disarm the people. Such a flagitious attempt could only be made under some general pretence by a state legislature. But if in any blind pursuit of inordinate power, either should attempt it, this amendment may be appealed to as a restraint on both.
    William Rawle - offered the position of the first Attorney General of the United States, by President Washington

Quote Originally Posted by jmonarch View Post
    What about the soap box?
    Said by a different person at a different time, one was referring to the boxes of liberty, the other, rights.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by PrincessJasmW View Post
    Great post! I'm not against guns, but there should be a more rigorous procedure for the persons who want to come into possession.
    Such as what?

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmonarch View Post
    What about the soap box?
    about as useful as the pizza box lately

MGO Member
    Such as what?
    Im curious of that one myself...especially from someone who has no other posts on here.

Quote Originally Posted by AleksanderSuave View Post
    Im curious of that one myself...especially from someone who has no other posts on here.
    And, is Canadian.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast