Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    MGO Member Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Gun "buy backs" are great proposals. They confiscate YOUR money from YOU through taxation, then act as if giving YOU YOUR money back while confiscating your guns somehow make you whole.
    STOLEN FROM ANOTHER FORUM:
    68794231_436449743883529_5212015020686180352_n.jpg

Don't think this is the "Actual" quote but it works for here...
    I think the actual quote is about "Grabbing Guns" not buy-backs.

CRAP...Triple Post.... and can't delete......

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Gun "buy backs" are great proposals. They confiscate YOUR money from YOU through taxation, then act as if giving YOU YOUR money back while confiscating your guns somehow make you whole.
    QFT
    This is part of why all politicians
    should be euthanized after two terms.

Joe

I will only participate in a gun buyback if it is voluntary and the government is willing to pay me what I consider my firearm is valued at.

My P226 has sentimental value, I can't let it go for less than say, $50-75k.

I am a Forum User
    Hello all

I'm French and live in the US (legally...so don't shoot please) and for those who met me at the shooting range, you know I like firearms ( i own 3 actually)
    I know this is MGO forum and you may hate me for what I'm going to say, but we can all disagree as long as we have intelligent and courteous discussions
    When I drop off my daughter at school, I keep thinking about a shooting spree that could happen that day, which was unthinkable when I was in France
    I've always said it was almost impossible to own firearms in France, but I realized I was wrong: I was on a business trip in Mexico and met a French colleague. We were discussing firearms (and mass shooting in the US) when he told me he was shooting himself. To my surprise, he told me he owns AR-15, 9 mm pistols. 38 revolver, etc......I thought "Whaaaat"???
    Then he explained how it works in France to buy and owns firearms. It was a quick discussion and I'm not an expert on the French legal system about firearms, but I found some ideas interesting:
    - You need to be parts of an association (shooting range) before even thinking buying a firearm
    - After attending regularly and demonstrate you know how to use a firearm, you can make the request to buy one
    - You need to have a medical certificate saying you are OK to buy a firearm
    - To buy any firearm, you need to prove that you own a safe (proof of purchase)
    - You can have your firearm only on your way home - shooting range or gunsmith
    - You cannot buy more than 2,000 rounds per year per firearm
    - Regularly during the year, you need to shoot 40 rounds with a range officer and prove you know how to use your firearm and hit the target (30 out of 40)
    - You need to maintain your license every year to keep your firearms (which means medical certificate)
    - And probably other rules that I don't know....

Anyway, I'm not saying France is the perfect model when it comes to firearms, but the point is something is feasible as long as it's done properly
    Hey, we have to take an eye exam in the US to renew our driver's license.......why won't we have some kind of exam for guns?

Let's face it: society has changed, like it or not. So I'm shocked that strictly nothing is changing after all those mass shooting. Simply hiding behind the constitution and the 2nd amendment doesn't make sense.
    The automotive world has drastically changed since the 1st Ford model T, and the law has evolved with it......why could we not do the same about firearms?
    Last edited by french_guy_2012; 08-25-2019 at 08:21 AM.

I am a Forum User
    Ummm.....No.
    Currently on my phone and dont thumb
    well enough to expound.
    Yer gonna get a beating....dont take it personal...yet.

Joe

I am a Forum User
    It's OK....like I said: "as long as we have intelligent and courteous discussions"

Quote Originally Posted by french_guy_2012 View Post
    It's OK....like I said: "as long as we have intelligent and courteous discussions"
    Society has definitely changed, for the worse. Yet is is not the fault of a single firearm; merely the fault of (over) breeding without responsibility for what is 'bred.'

Fortunately, our Constitution has not changed. Nor will it, even if it were purported to 'balance' the right to be free with the right to be irresponsible.

You're OK. You just aren't American.

Stay safe just the same.

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

Let's face it: society has changed, like it or not. So I'm shocked that strictly nothing is changing after all those mass shooting. Simply hiding behind the constitution and the 2nd amendment doesn't make sense.
    The automotive world has drastically changed since the 1st Ford model T, and the law has evolved with it......why could we not do the same about firearms?
    Yes, it makes perfect sense.
    The Bill of Rights is a founding document of the nation. Anybody who tries to undercut it through anything BUT another amendment is engaging in anti-American activity.
    IF they can get an amendment passed to get rid of the 2A... I may even comply. But until they do that, every gun law they're currently pushing is unconstitutional.

We can go through the history of the racism/classism involved in gun laws (see the 14th amendment for why this has long been illegal). We already know that the 2A is the only right that you have to get permission to exercise, wait to exercise, gets taxed you over and over, that states can deny you unless you can show "good reason", etc. Can you tell me how ANY of that fits with "shall not be infringed"?
    The simple fact is that if guns were the root of the problem, especially the hundreds of millions of guns that are now considered "assault weapons", we would have a much bigger problem than we do.
    Gun control is like putting a band-aid on a severed leg. It won't help, and all you get is feeling like you "tried" while things deteriorate.

EDIT - you said you're French. I really like your national anthem, but it was clearly written by somebody living under a totally different government than what you have now. I actually like yours better than some verses of our own. But our verse #4 is the winner in my book.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

We can't have an "intelligent and courteous discussion" when the premise for discussion starts with examples of what was done in another country and insisting that something can be done without violating our RIGHTS. The comparison is an apples to oranges situation and the fact that what was, or is being done in those countries didn't work for them either. It is not like France hasn't had its own mass shooting, even bigger and worse than the ones here.

Life Member, NRA, Lapeer County Sportsmen's Club Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer. Opinions expressed are not representative of any organization to which I may belong, and are solely mine. Any natural person or legal entity reading this post accepts all responsibility for any actions undertaken by that person or entity, based upon what they perceived was contained in this post, and shall hold harmless this poster, his antecedents, and descendants, in perpetuity.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast