Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

MGO Board of Directors

SB 0424 & 0425 of 2019 - Pawnbrokers Accepting Pistols In Pawn

SB 0424 of 2019
    Occupations; pawnbrokers; accepting pistol in pawn; authorize, and eliminate criminal penalty. Amends sec. 229 of 1931 PA 328 (MCL 750.229). TIE BAR WITH: SB 0425'19
    Last Action: 8/20/2019 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS

SB 0425 of 2019
    Occupations; pawnbrokers; accepting pistols in pawn; authorize, and require pistol record. Amends sec. 15 of 1917 PA 273 (MCL 446.201 - 446.219) by adding sec. 15. TIE BAR WITH: SB 0424'19
    Last Action: 8/20/2019 REFERRED TO COMMITTEE ON GOVERNMENT OPERATIONS
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Board of Directors

SB 0424 removes "Pawnbroker" from the list of businesses subject to a misdemeanor offense for accepting and offering for resale a pistol.

SB 0425 requires that a "Pawnbroker" must obtain a PSR (Pistol Sales Record, aka "RI-60") from the customer and retain it for the duration of the loan. If the pawnbroker takes ownership of the pistol, they must file the RI-60 with the State Police.

So, it appears that this would allow a "pawnbroker" to act as a pseudo FFL and obtain a pistol with a RI-60, even if they don't have a CPL?
    Don't let yesterday use up too much of today - Will Rogers
    DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.