Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    In Memoriam Forum User
    I will "show" my Michigan Driver's license, even my CPL on request to an individual seller on a long gun transfer out of respect to the seller (but won't allow it to be photographed or even written down). I feel it's our way of doing what we can to help keep guns out of the hands of the wrong people. There are thousands of people in our country that intend to do us harm. I realize I.D.'s, even CPL's can be faked, but we should do our part when possible. As a seller I've only had one instance where a buyer actually appeared to get really uncomfortable when I requested I.D., as I hesitated he said forget it and took off and left. I sensed something was a little shady, or maybe he was just pissed off. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by johndoll View Post
    making fake id is illegal
    Haha, now I have coffee up my nose

Great first post BTW

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by VIGILANT View Post
    I will "show" my Michigan Driver's license, even my CPL on request to an individual seller on a long gun transfer out of respect to the seller (but won't allow it to be photographed or even written down). I feel it's our way of doing what we can to help keep guns out of the hands of the wrong people. There are thousands of people in our country that intend to do us harm. I realize I.D.'s, even CPL's can be faked, but we should do our part when possible. As a seller I've only had one instance where a buyer actually appeared to get really uncomfortable when I requested I.D., as I hesitated he said forget it and took off and left. I sensed something was a little shady, or maybe he was just pissed off. Oh well.
    Better safe than sorry. If the buyer seems uncomfortable or otherwise not "normal", I would error on the side of caution and back out of the deal. But to be honest, when I moved here I felt very uncomfortable purchasing a gun through private sales, but only because of all the red tape involved in this state. I was worried I'd unknowingly do something wrong and be prosecuted for it. I'm glad my uneasiness wasn't misinterpreted, or it just went unnoticed by the seller. The state I moved from didn't have requirements for a private sale. You just meet each other and exchange if it's what you want. No government involvement which is the way it should be.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by johndoll View Post
    making fake id is illegal
    That's not what you posted earlier this morning. You actually wrote:

Quote Originally Posted by johndoll
    Hello, pal. Very good share. Fake ID card is a think which saves lives sometimes. I am very thankful to people who are doing qualitative fake ID card. Once I could not pass my driving exam because I did not have enough practice. But practicing with teacher was not giving any results. I had to learn alone. I had to buy driving licence. Then I practiced a lot on the roads by the help of fake licence. Finally I passed the exam as professional and got real one.
    What in the world did this mean?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post

Quote Originally Posted by johndoll
    Hello, pal. Very good share. Fake ID card is a think which saves lives sometimes. I am very thankful to people who are doing qualitative fake ID card. Once I could not pass my driving exam because I did not have enough practice. But practicing with teacher was not giving any results. I had to learn alone. I had to buy driving licence. Then I practiced a lot on the roads by the help of fake licence. Finally I passed the exam as professional and got real one.

Where did you get that post?

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Where did you get that post?
    Via email subscription to this thread (it was posted publicly here on the forums, then presumably deleted).
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Banned
    I see a lot of folks in here who whine about gun laws, new taxes, new restrictions, bans, etc... Cold dead hands, even.

But are SO uptight, and lining up to obey every new law... that they're going above and beyond to demand ID or a CPL for a long gun face to face, and make up their own.

LOL!

I don't ask for ID. I don't WANT to know your name. Enjoy your new gun, bye, go away now.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by midlandshooter View Post
    I see a lot of folks in here who whine about gun laws, new taxes, new restrictions, bans, etc... Cold dead hands, even.

But are SO uptight, and lining up to obey every new law... that they're going above and beyond to demand ID or a CPL for a long gun face to face, and make up their own.

LOL!

I don't ask for ID. I don't WANT to know your name. Enjoy your new gun, bye, go away now.
    That's the beauty of America: You can do what makes you comfortable, and others can do what makes then comfortable. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post

Jesus. Admitting to a multiple crimes on the internet. Some people aren't the brightest.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Do you know of any instance where someone got in trouble because a gun they once owned was used in a crime?

What would/could you be charged with?
    Late to the show as usual, but yes. Many years ago my grandfather was arrested (then released, no charges) on murder/attempted murder because a pistol he sold was used in the crime. The cops just assumed he did it because it was last registered to him and picked him up solely on that. Don't remember many more of the details and he's dead now, but he ended up free and clear. It was a huge hassle to prove he sold it, had to prove he was innocent so they would actually go find the real suspect.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast