Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by duck9191 View Post
    Late to the show as usual, but yes. Many years ago my grandfather was arrested (then released, no charges) on murder/attempted murder because a pistol he sold was used in the crime. The cops just assumed he did it because it was last registered to him and picked him up solely on that. Don't remember many more of the details and he's dead now, but he ended up free and clear. It was a huge hassle to prove he sold it, had to prove he was innocent so they would actually go find the real suspect.
    Sounds to me like he should have gotten rich off that screw up.

In Memoriam Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by duck9191 View Post
    Late to the show as usual, but yes. Many years ago my grandfather was arrested (then released, no charges) on murder/attempted murder because a pistol he sold was used in the crime. The cops just assumed he did it because it was last registered to him and picked him up solely on that. Don't remember many more of the details and he's dead now, but he ended up free and clear. It was a huge hassle to prove he sold it, had to prove he was innocent so they would actually go find the real suspect.
    Sounds like your dad had a poor lawyer, or did he not have one at all? Never heard of such a thing.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by VIGILANT View Post
    Sounds like your dad had a poor lawyer, or did he not have one at all? Never heard of such a thing.
    After forking out the $$$ to prove him self innocent he didn't have the means I was told. Guess it hit the family hard. Don't have to be guilty of anything when your accused of something like that to cause lasting personal issues. He took it pretty hard I guess second guessing himself if he saw something that would have been a red flag. Think it occurred 2 years after the sale.

I am a Forum User
    Needless to say my grandfather never sold another gun. Said I was an idiot for selling any private party lol.

I ask for id, as long as they are a resident, of age and the license matches the name/location used in previous conversations I've did all l I can do. Bill of sale too, not sure if it would help in a defense situation but can't hurt.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    Jesus. Admitting to a multiple crimes on the internet. Some people aren't the brightest.
    Considering that his IP address placed him in Moldova, he probably wasn't too worried.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by VIGILANT View Post
    You have never heard of the police arresting someone that later was later shown to have not done it? Really? Sadly, it happens more than it should.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Considering that his IP address placed him in Moldova, he probably wasn't too worried.
    My reply is brought to you by the letters: V, P and N.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    My reply is brought to you by the letters: V, P and N.
    I am sure you are right. Reading what he wrote, he is clearly a native English speaker and has to be from Texas, like he said.

He may not be from Moldova. Nigeria? Russia? Asscrackistan? Regardless, he isn't somewhere in US jurisdiction.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    I am sure you are right. Reading what he wrote, he is clearly a native English speaker and has to be from Texas, like he said.

He may not be from Moldova. Nigeria? Russia? Asscrackistan? Regardless, he isn't somewhere in US jurisdiction.
    So if you reside within the borders of the United States or any of its inhabited, uninhabited or disputed territories, this guarantees that you have complete and perfect control of the (written) English language?

Wow. Neat! Whoda thunk it?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345