Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MGO Member
    I've only asked one guy for ID when selling a long gun. I wanted to make sure he was 18, as he looked 12. His ID said he was 24. I believed it, since i was carded in bars until I was 33!
    "I'm good to go, even if I'm not going anywhere."

I am a Forum User
    I've bought a couple long guns, never asked for id from the seller. I was never asked for ID as the buyer. The first one was an AR-15. I felt like a criminal. Met the guy in a home depot parking lot. He set the case on the open tail gate of his truck. I flipped it open. Looked the gun over then handed him a was of cash. I bet the whole transaction didn't take 2 minutes.

I've never sold a long gun. Actually, I've never sold a gun...

I am a Forum User
    I like to request Id for my own personal records so if it’s used in a crime , I can show when and who I sold it to, just Incase it’s used in a crime

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by rdarabos View Post
    I like to request Id for my own personal records so if it’s used in a crime , I can show when and who I sold it to, just Incase it’s used in a crime
    Do you know of any instance where someone got in trouble because a gun they once owned was used in a crime?

What would/could you be charged with?

Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Do you know of any instance where someone got in trouble because a gun they once owned was used in a crime?

Don't know, probably depends on your state and how the particular attorney is feeling. Do you really want to be the guy they decide to make an example of for the 5 seconds it takes to glance at someone's driver's license?

I am a Forum User

I'm sure there are overzealous prosecutors who are more than willing to make an innocent yet pro-gun defendant waste his/her $$$ defending himself/herself, simply because of their ant-gun stance.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    I'm sure there are overzealous prosecutors who are more than willing to make an innocent yet pro-gun defendant waste his/her $$$ defending himself/herself, simply because of their ant-gun stance.
    Again, what would you be charged with?

I am a Forum User
    Again, what would you be charged with?
    Again, that's irrelevant. They can charge you with anything they want, and you still have to pay for legal counsel to prove that you are innocent.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Again, that's irrelevant. They can charge you with anything they want, and you still have to pay for legal counsel to prove that you are innocent.
    So.... because a gun I once owned was used in a crime you think they might charge me with skipping school if I can't PROVE who I sold it to?

Somehow I don't think so.

I am a Forum User
    So.... because a gun I once owned was used in a crime you think they might charge me with skipping school if I can't PROVE who I sold it to?

Somehow I don't think so.
    You had me at "... I don't think ..."

I don't CARE what they charge you with ... you will STILL have to spend money defending yourself, even though you are innocent. That is my one and only point. They money wasted.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast