Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    You had me at "... I don't think ..."

I don't CARE what they charge you with ... you will STILL have to spend money defending yourself, even though you are innocent. That is my one and only point. They money wasted.
    Considering your history, I guess you would know more about the inter workings of police departments then I do.

You win, they just might make up a charge knowing I didn't do it & run with it.

Not what I was taught the police were like as I grew up but closer to what I see as an adult.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Leader View Post
    Considering your history, I guess you would know more about the inter workings of police departments then I do.

Not what I was taught the police were like as I grew up but closer to what I see as an adult.
    The police don't charge you. The prosecutor does. But then again, you already knew that, right?

MGO Board of Directors

Trustee

And my story - When I showed up to court with 2 lawyers, the prosecutor asked for an extension. And then again the next time, and the next time.
    And then after 10 months, the prosecutor admitted they couldn't find anything to charge me with, so they had to drop the case.

I don't see how that was legal at all, but they did it.
    DISCLAIMER: Disclaimer. The opinions expressed in this post are those of the author, DrScaryGuy. They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of MGO, its board of directors, or its members.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by rdarabos View Post
    I like to request Id for my own personal records so if it’s used in a crime , I can show when and who I sold it to, just Incase it’s used in a crime
    I guess my thinking would be if a weapon I sold was used in a crime I could prove it was not in my possession at time of crime and whom I sold it to.

I am a Forum User
    With all the doubt you spread, ever think that maybe the police won't believe you anyway? So you have a random name, you rely on the police to 1 believe you, or 2 actually find the person to match up to that name. Even if they are found, deniability sends the cops back to you! So if you like to keep running around in these circles, you go right ahead.
    As for me, I'll let a person look at my id to verify I'm a Mi resident, but your not writing anything down (good luck memorizing my last name too) makes me believe your a possible thief trying to get my money first and then come back to my house for the rest later.

MGO Member
    Eastpointe (formerly known as East Detroit)
    Everyone I've dealt with here at MGO have showed me their CPL and vice-versa..peace of mind for both parties knowing you're not buying from, or selling to, a person prohibited from owning firearms.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Do you know of any instance where someone got in trouble because a gun they once owned was used in a crime?

What would/could you be charged with?
    Never say never, but the only instances I can recall where someone else was charged was when they did something grossly negligent, like leaving a loaded handgun out in the open and they had children in the house, or someone giving a gun to someone that they knew was a felon.

How is asking for an ID going to protect you? Criminals and other people that commit crimes have IDs.

I know there are some creative prosecutors out there, but I agree with Leader here, what would they charge a seller with if the gun was later used in a crime and the sale was otherwise legal?
    Last edited by SteveS; 09-04-2019 at 09:57 AM.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

I show my id and with that camera aka phone we all carry snap a shot of there id if i personally do not know them.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by damonkeydobad View Post
    I show my id and with that camera aka phone we all carry snap a shot of there id if i personally do not know them.
    Hopefully the buyer knows this full well and agrees before meeting , especially if it's a decent drive for them.

If you ask to take a picture of my I.D. I'd decline and leave. There is absolutely no good reason you need a copy of my I.D. to keep.

I most certainly will show you though, thats not a problem.
    Last edited by Remo; 09-03-2019 at 07:29 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Remo View Post
    Hopefully the buyer knows this full well and agrees before meeting , especially if it's a decent drive for them.

If you ask to take a picture of my I.D. I'd decline and leave. There is absolutely no good reason you need a copy of my I.D. to keep.

I most certainly will show you though, thats not a problem.
    +1

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast