Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I am a Forum User

Where to obtain finger print cards?

I sent a request for the AZ CPL application, so while I'm waiting for it to arrive I wanted to get my finger prints ready to send in. My local PD does prints free of charge, but they require that you bring your own finger print card. I don't know where to obtain a card? Is there a special card for this process or can I use any white card stock type paper?

Also, I don't know if they'll ask me why I want my prints but if they do, what should I say? I don't believe I'm obligated to give them any reasons but I also don't want to be turned away. Is personal reasons a good response? Or, "This is a free country and I'd like a copy of my own prints for my records" sufficient?

MGO Member
    Been a couple of years but I think cards come with the application packet.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 93bandit View Post
    I sent a request for the AZ CPL application ... I don't know where to obtain a card?
    AZ DPS will send them to you:

Contact the Concealed Weapons Permit Unit, via email to request an application packet which contains an application, two fingerprint cards and a return envelope.
    https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/cwp

Also, I don't know if they'll ask me why I want my prints but if they do, what should I say?
    The truth.

The AZ application packet has cards in it, but for anything else in the future (like tax stamps) I recommend Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Fingerprint-A...dDbGljaz10cnVl

Depending on what area of Michigan you live in, you can get a bunch off Amazon same day/next day delivery. You can also get fingerprint ink pads for dirt cheap on there.

Also, your PD doesn't keep print cards on hand? That's weird, I've gotten prints at 3-4 different PD's and they all had them (Novi, Livonia, Northville...one other one I forgot)

I am a Forum User
    Thanks everyone for the replies.

But they weren't necessary... I'm a goof. I was in a hurry when searching online and happened to be looking at the wrong city. My local PD does do prints and they charge $10.

But, I'm still open to suggestions concerning what to say if they ask why I need prints,

MGO Member
    See previous answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post

The truth.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 93bandit View Post
    But, I'm still open to suggestions concerning what to say if they ask why I need prints,
    Why do you feel you need to be dishonest about it? The reason for the fingerprint cards is 100% legal.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Why do you feel you need to be dishonest about it? The reason for the fingerprint cards is 100% legal.
    I never said I felt the need to be dishonest. Members here have mentioned various experiences while getting prints for an AZ or other states CPL, some of which were denied prints because the person at the PD who does prints didn't think they needed an out of state CPL because the state honors a MI CPL. This is why I'm asking. I haven't dealt with this PD yet so if they ask questions like that I would be lying if I told them it's because I intend on traveling to AZ. Should I tell them I want to get an AZ CPL so that I don't have to register my guns anymore? I'm sure they'd love to discuss that with me.

I don't know if they'll ask questions or not. I'm simply trying to prepare for different outcomes. Hopefully they just say OK and take my money.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    You can also get fingerprint ink pads for dirt cheap on there.
    Again, it has been a couple of years but I think AZ requires the prints be taken by a leo with their signature & dept info on the card.
    Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by gjgalligan View Post
    Again, it has been a couple of years but I think AZ requires the prints be taken by a leo with their signature & dept info on the card.
    Affirmative.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast