Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 93bandit View Post
    I never said I felt the need to be dishonest.
    You asked not once but twice what you should tell them, so a logical person would wonder what your angle was.

You tell them the truth. You get your fingerprints. If your LE agency charges, you pay them the fee. Then you leave. End of story. Nobody's going to question why you think you need an out of state CPL.

Quote Originally Posted by gjgalligan View Post
    Again, it has been a couple of years but I think AZ requires the prints be taken by a leo with their signature & dept info on the card.
    That's weird. The ATF doesn't even require that. Silly AZ, ignore me then! haha
    Canadian Import.
    μολὼν λαβέ, Ελευθερία ή θάνατος
    Reddit: u/MapleSyrupJediV2 moderator of r/GunAccessoriesForSale & r/MiGuns

MGO Member
    Thanks everyone for the replies.

But they weren't necessary... I'm a goof. I was in a hurry when searching online and happened to be looking at the wrong city. My local PD does do prints and they charge $10.

But, I'm still open to suggestions concerning what to say if they ask why I need prints,
    If you must say something tell them that's it's for a application in Arizona. You don't have to say what you are applying for.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by gjgalligan View Post
    Again, it has been a couple of years but I think AZ requires the prints be taken by a leo with their signature & dept info on the card.
    AZ's requirement and language in the application is that they are "Classifiable". Meaning, they are done with the proper ink, not smudged, properly rolled, all fingers, thumbs, slap, inside their respective boxes, etc. and subsequently can be scanned, digitized, and searched through DOJ/FBI/Other AFIS system(s).
    My app didn't state I needed to be printed by LEO or any other 'recognized' agency. I know several guys who did their own prints on their kitchen table.

All that being said, nearly any cop shop will print you. Pay the fee. If they ask why "for a background check" should be all the reason needed.

HOW DO I APPLY FOR AN ARIZONA CCW PERMIT?

You may contact the permit unit via email to obtain an application packet. The packet will include a permit application, two fingerprint cards, a pre-addressed return envelope and instructions. Send the completed application, proof of firearms competence, two classifiable fingerprint cards, and the applicable fee to DPS.
    WHERE CAN I GET MY FINGERPRINTS TAKEN?

Please contact your local law enforcement agency or a private vendor about available fingerprint services. DPS does not provide applicant fingerprint services, but you can click here for more information on third party fingerprint services.
    ref: https://www.azdps.gov/services/public/cwp

Good luck-
    Last edited by Quads; 08-22-2019 at 09:42 PM. Reason: added ref links.

I am a Forum User
    Thanks everyone. I appreciate the input. I'm waiting on the application to arrive in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Scoop View Post
    Nobody's going to question why you think you need an out of state CPL.
    I respectfully disagree. Monroe County gave my wife a ton of grief when she tried to get prints for her AZ permit. One ignoramus even tried to tell her it was illegal for her to get an out of state permit. She finally found a local yokel to do it. When I saw the hassle she had, I just decided to skip it and spend the extra money for a NH permit so that I didn't have to deal with their BS. The current administration in Monroe is decidedly anti-gun, nothing like our old sheriff who issued CPL's to anyone who applied, even before we got Shall Issue.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Divegeek View Post
    I respectfully disagree. Monroe County gave my wife a ton of grief when she tried to get prints for her AZ permit. One ignoramus even tried to tell her it was illegal for her to get an out of state permit. She finally found a local yokel to do it. When I saw the hassle she had, I just decided to skip it and spend the extra money for a NH permit so that I didn't have to deal with their BS. The current administration in Monroe is decidedly anti-gun, nothing like our old sheriff who issued CPL's to anyone who applied, even before we got Shall Issue.
    Thank you, this is exactly why I asked the question in the first place. I have zero intention of being untruthful. I'm just a firm believer in two things; it's none of their business why I want my fingerprints or why I want an out of state permit.

I've read of a few instances like this on MGO and I just wanted to be prepared with an answer for them in case I am questioned, without telling them everything. It's none of their business. Hopefully who ever does my prints just smiles and takes my money.

I am a Forum User
    Thank you, this is exactly why I asked the question in the first place. I have zero intention of being untruthful. I'm just a firm believer in two things; it's none of their business why I want my fingerprints or why I want an out of state permit.

I've read of a few instances like this on MGO and I just wanted to be prepared with an answer for them in case I am questioned, without telling them everything. It's none of their business. Hopefully who ever does my prints just smiles and takes my money.
    Nice recovery ...

(Yes, I'm just messing with you)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12