Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

I am a Forum User

Walmart north side of Grand Rapids not selling pistol/rifle ammo

I was in the Alpine Walmart on the north side of Grand Rapids yesterday and the pistol/rifle ammo case was emptied out. They still had a large selection of shotgun shells and all the other gun related stuff that Walmart normally has. I can't remember the last time I was in there so I'm not sure how recent this change is. I don't think I've ever seen a Walmart in this state not sell pistol/rifle ammo. I think its odd because that Walmart is outside the city and on the edge of a lot of open land, plus its on the way north out of Grand Rapids on M37. There has to be a significant number of hunters that stop there on the way north. Is it just that Walmart or is this a sign of things to come?

I buy MOST of my ammo on line. But I do get what I NEED at Walmart. Especially when I'm up North.

Was in the Saline store last week & their ammo case was full.

Hope this is not a chainwide trend. Could be they're getting a new display case or something.

Did you ask anyone about it ?
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    I've noticed an uptick in people posting brickseek (a price search website) deals for all sorts of ammo at various Walmarts and wondered if some/all are phasing ammunition out.

I almost never buy ammo last-minute but I still hope all the places where I could don't go away.

Banned
    My cousin works at the one in Roseville, he said he heard that all Walmart stores will stop selling ALL ammo by the end of the this year.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    I buy MOST of my ammo on line. But I do get what I NEED at Walmart. Especially when I'm up North.

Was in the Saline store last week & their ammo case was full.

Hope this is not a chainwide trend. Could be they're getting a new display case or something.

Did you ask anyone about it ?
    I did not ask.

I did purchase ammo at the Holland Walmart this morning, for USPSA this week. I recently purchased a used press but haven't ordered bullets yet. So I hopefully won't need to buy from them in the future.

Walmart stopped in CA for a while but started back up again -- now that the law is going to go into effect, I suspect it will stop again.

The Jackson Walmart on Michigan Ave. recently installed a brand new ammo case and gun display. That doesn't mean a new corporate policy of not selling ammo isn't coming down from on high, but...

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Mkc451 View Post
    Walmart stopped in CA for a while but started back up again -- now that the law is going to go into effect, I suspect it will stop again.
    I read a month ago some Califonia Walmarts had signs up saying they would not be selling ammo from July 1-14 because of the new restrictions. At that time very little was known about what the new process was going to be. Even now the process seems to be defined but some of the pieces to make it happen are lacking. When will they learn that 99+% of the people that will jump thru these hoops aren't the people that you have to worry about.

I am a Forum User
    Announced today Walmart will stop selling pistol and short barrel rifle (whatever that is) ammo when current stock runs out.