Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I think Dunham's still sticks them if you just want to go paw one and see if you like the way it feel, check out sight picture etc. The sights suck so def get a side rail and a red dot

I am a Forum User
    Dearborn Outdoors usually has a few in stock.

PSA seems to have built a good AK-47, with a lifetime warranty. Finding them in stock is a challenge, but look at 4PM daily for updates on availability.
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/ak-47/psak-47.html
    Active airport shooter

Saw some at Top Gun last time I was there, dunno if they were quality ones or not since AKs really run the QA gamut.

I am a Forum User
    It’s tough with so many different AK variants. I can go look and find a BCM or something comparable in an AR but finding a quality AK on the rack may be more of a task. One thing learned is buy quality the first time, so I hate the idea of buying cheap and regretting it.

Quote Originally Posted by JDG View Post
    PSA seems to have built a good AK-47, with a lifetime warranty. Finding them in stock is a challenge, but look at 4PM daily for updates on availability.
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/ak-47/psak-47.html
    Of the many AK’s that have come across my hands, my current PSA Zhukov folder is the best all around AK I’ve had. Trigger is good, tolerances are good, fit and finish are good, surprisingly accurate, and AK reliable. Nothing about it is ‘superb’, but as a total package it’s a winner.....especially at the price point (around $400 a couple years ago....the Zhukov kit by itself is more than half that).

It would be nice to see some premium AK’s in B&M stores around here though. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything more than the typical WASR’s, Century’s, and Zastavas.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    Of the many AK’s that have come across my hands, my current PSA Zhukov folder is the best all around AK I’ve had. Trigger is good, tolerances are good, fit and finish are good, surprisingly accurate, and AK reliable. Nothing about it is ‘superb’, but as a total package it’s a winner.....especially at the price point (around $400 a couple years ago....the Zhukov kit by itself is more than half that).

It would be nice to see some premium AK’s in B&M stores around here though. I don’t think I’ve ever seen anything more than the typical WASR’s, Century’s, and Zastavas.
    Dont discount the WASR, it is highly regarded by Battle Field Las Vegas gun rentals. See AR15.com for their reviews.

You can get the wasr with nice ish looking wood now as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post

I'd take a WASR or Arsenal any day of the week over most AKs for the most part, or a VEPR if you can still find one.... I haven't shot the PSA one but I did handle one. Had a really, really rough bolt, even by AK standards but a surprisingly nice trigger out of the box. The guy from AKOU seemed to view the PSA AK pretty favorably though and I trust his opinion on AKs entirely. I'm not really a fan of PSA but I wouldn't hesitate picking up one of their AKs.

Quote Originally Posted by castrotikon View Post
    I'd take a WASR or Arsenal any day of the week over most AKs for the most part, or a VEPR if you can still find one.... I haven't shot the PSA one but I did handle one. Had a really, really rough bolt, even by AK standards but a surprisingly nice trigger out of the box. The guy from AKOU seemed to view the PSA AK pretty favorably though and I trust his opinion on AKs entirely. I'm not really a fan of PSA but I wouldn't hesitate picking up one of their AKs.

I’ve had 3 WASRs. One during the ban era with a 10 round mag, one sold post ban but was made during the ban so it was modified to accept standard mags (canted sight, and sloppy mag fit. It was hastily assembled), but my last WASR was built by someone in the area using what he claimed was the best parts from 3 guns. It was a decent shooter, even though the bolt liked to hang on the hammer (which I used as a hold open). The 2nd gen PSA I have is just that much better. Probably because it was factory assembled, and has nice furniture on it.

I also added an Ultimak and an Epsilon combo device to the PSA. Best $200 I’ve spent in the AK world. Almost completely mitigates recoil and muzzle rise with minimal flash. I guess it can work as a suppressor mount too. It’s such a sweet shooter. The Holosun I have on the Ultimak sits low enough to achieve co-witness too. I’m just loving the whole package, but would love to get my hands on a premium model to compare.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast