Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fuel, I have two converted saiga, I can get the bolts to hang up as well, one more so than the other. Saiga come with a manual bolt hold open as well so I kinda would prefer they didn't do it ... They do it if you manipulate it just so. Not the end of the workd. Factory Russian rifles, which people often say are near the top of ak heirarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Fuel, I have two converted saiga, I can get the bolts to hang up as well, one more so than the other. Saiga come with a manual bolt hold open as well so I kinda would prefer they didn't do it ... They do it if you manipulate it just so. Not the end of the workd. Factory Russian rifles, which people often say are near the top of ak heirarchy.
    I got a great deal on a Vepr AK-74 a couple years back with a ton of magazines included, in great condition. I'm still kicking myself that I sold it.

Quote Originally Posted by somecrazygreek View Post
    NEVER call Action Impact unless you want to support toxic business owners and pay $200 over MSRP for a rifle.
    Same goes for The Firing Line.

Oh no...definitely not the end of the world. I found it useful. I’m ignorant of what a “premium” AK “should” be, since my experience is with the sub $600 models. I had just been under the impression that a hanging bolt was a low-end trait.

I am a Forum User
    Im so torn at this point, PSA GF3's or WASR for first AK seems like a decent deal. Also, PSA won't sell their AK pistols to MI residents. Is a AK pistol a worth while purchase? I hardly run my full size AR's anymore, so I was looking into AK pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by heyyoustoopid View Post
    Im so torn at this point, PSA GF3's or WASR for first AK seems like a decent deal. Also, PSA won't sell their AK pistols to MI residents. Is a AK pistol a worth while purchase? I hardly run my full size AR's anymore, so I was looking into AK pistols.

The 7.62x39 works very well in a pistol length barrel, much more so than 5.56. Similar to .300, but at $0.17/rnd.

The PSA/ no MI sales thing has to do with an MSP update that they misinterpreted as braced pistols over 26” are considered SBR’s in MI. That’s why I was denied a KS-47 earlier this year. But, buying one without a brace from PSA should be good to go.

The “AK” pistol I’m going after is a VZ-58 762. Not really an AK, but it’s TINY, and has the same form as an AK. A micro Draco is fairly easy to come by and half the cost, but I’ve heard (no personal experience) that they are picky on ammo.

I like that vz, i like vz58 in general I really regreat missing out on cz factory made stuff 10-12 years ago pretty damn cheap.

But that hand guard, that's the smallest handguard I have ever seen.

I like that vz, i like vz58 in general I really regreat missing out on cz factory made stuff 10-12 years ago pretty damn cheap.

But that hand guard, that's the smallest handguard I have ever seen.

It’s TINY. It reminds me of the old VZ Skorpions

You apparently have to order them direct from Czechpoint. Which is good and bad. You can select what side you want the charging handle in, and a couple other things, so it sounds like they’re made on an order by order basis. They’re rarely in stock, and when they are it’s usually just one or two.

What kills me with it, is that it will be $1300 shipped with transfer......and I’d still have to invest in mags for it. Which is a shame since I already have a ton of AK mags.

The other SBR option I was thinking about doing, was a PTR. Similar price tag, but uses standard AK mags. The tele-stock gives it a pretty cool 1980’s MP5 vibe. I’ve been beating myself up on which route to go for an SBR stamp.

If you are using irons the hk sights are great. Ak short radius with that blade rear right is pretty terrible.

Does anyone put hk sights on vz like they do on ak dust covers?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123