Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CO2 PISTOL

CO2 PISTOL

Looking for an AIR pistol that will take out rabbits, woodchucks, etc. I have a break barrel rifle that will do the job, but some of my neighbors have long noses. Bunnies are eating my plants & natural repellants are not working. Caught one in the live trap last night & DISPACHED the poor little fella this am.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

look at the crossman 1322 and 2240. Those are both .22 cal 480 fps pump and CO2 pistols respectively. They both cost about $60. The .177 versions are about 600 fps.

I’ve had a crossman pump .177 for about 30 years now. Still doing the job.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
    look at the crossman 1322
    crosman. and you can get this:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Crosman-139...QAAOSwM3hdRym-

"Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

MGO Member
    DD,
    If you end up needing 12gr CO2 cartridges, PM me. I have a bunch of extra Crosman and Daisy loose ones @ 50 cents a piece if you take 50 of them.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

I'm no expert by a long shot but, I doubt a pellet traveling @ 480 FPS would have much of an impact on a woodchuck. They have some pretty tough skin.

Was looking at a Crossman 2300S. 520 FPS. Alloy pellets may give a little more power. Would be shooting pretty close, 30 - 40 feet or so. The rifle I use hits around 12-1300 FPS. It puts a hurt on a rabbit. Want to get a clean kill. Hate to see any animal suffer even if it is eating my flowers.
    Last edited by DEVIL DOG; 08-23-2019 at 11:26 PM.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    sounds like a silencer is what you need...for a rimfire

Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post
    I'm no expert by a long shot but, I doubt a pellet traveling @ 480 FPS would have much of an impact on a woodchuck. They have some pretty tough skin.

Was looking at a Crossman 2300S. 520 FPS. Alloy pellets may give a little more power. Would be shooting pretty close, 30 - 40 feet or so. The rifle I use hits around 12-1300 FPS. It puts a hurt on a rabbit. Want to get a clean kill. Hate to see any animal suffer even if it is eating my flowers.

My brother uses a Gamo break action 177 on woodchucks in his back yard and claims it kills young ones with head shots pretty well. The big old ones always seem to make down their holes, although they usually don’t appear around his yard after so they may die down there. His feist his a better kill record on them then the pellet rifle I believe. His rifle is claimed to run at 1200 FPS although he uses heavy pellets and probably is getting a few hundred FPS less. The extra pellet weight does seem to increase penetration at reasonable pellet gun ranges. It also increases drop and makes knowing the distance and trajectory of your shot a bit more important.
    Rabbit and squirrel are fairly easy to kill with a pellet. I shot many with an old Sheridan 20 cal as a kid. The vel was only around 750 FPS or so but those super heavy 5 mm pellets would often blow through a squirrel broad side at 30/40 yds and dropped rabbit with head shots like a 22.
    Bottom line if chucks are your target go with a 22 cal heavy pellets and the highest vel you can find. Head shots are best.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

The 480 fps is for the .22 cal models with the heavier pellets. Air pistols just don’t have a lot of power unless you start throwing big money around. .22 air rifles are probably your best bet.

There are some .35 cal options that stay relatively compact. This one is a .357 @ 850 fps.......but it’s as much as an old Ruger MKIII with a cheap suppressor.

https://www.pyramydair.com/s/m/Gamo_...Air_Rifle/4574

Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL DOG View Post

You're right; a 480 FPS pistol won't even take a squirrel, point blank in the throat. Stick with the break barrel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast