Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    Don't say your location, but I've had Doug Jones (shop near M-59 & Crooks rd) make pins, springs, etc..as needed.
    He has (as I would think most gunsmiths do)a collection of assorted spare parts ( from ? ) that he can root through & usually find what will
    fix whatever needs repair. If it's a solid pin, or a solid pin will do the job, buy a short piece of rod (or tubing) & cut it to the length you need.

Can try hardware store, Home Depot, Lowe's, etc to find material you need.

Counting the two people in this thread, the guy at Northside Hardware, and the person I asked at Firing Line all said I should use a roll/tension pin so I'm just going to try that. Sucky bit is that no Great Lakes Ace nor Northside have 1/16 tension pins, the smallest they stock is 3/32. My last hope is a shop by my house but they're closed til Monday, otherwise I'll have to order off Amazon and have a ton extra. I was tempted to get a box of 1.6mm brads and cut one in half then just Locktite it in place. Also sent an email to Taurus to hopefully get the OEM part eventually.

20190912_180927.jpg
    Target.jpg

Turns out no one seems to have 1/16 roll pins in stock at a physical store so I had to get them from Amazon. Fit really snug and seems to work well. Couldn't test the sight and grip with .44mag since Top Gun's rifle lanes were closed for remediation but I did put two boxes of .44 Special through it. As you can see I've not shot it much and am not used to red dots on pistols either so I'll definitely have to practice more once I've got it like I want it.

Next step is getting it cerakote'd. Are there any places near Firing Line or Top Gun that do good work? Googling brings up places in Keego Harbor and the like and I'd prefer not having to mail my gun [and pay heavily to do so] or make an hour-long trip each way [putting miles on a leased truck]. Barring that recommendations of who to mail it to are welcome. I want to paint it black and fill the roll marks in white. Part of me wants to do the trigger and hammer bright red to match the stripe on the grips but I'm still wondering how well that grip will hold up being as it's for a Raging Judge and Trackers use Judge grip. The last aspect of the project is possibly trying to paint a red stripe on a Pachmayr diamond grip with Plastikote in the hopes it doesn't rub off.

I am a Forum User
    You can shoot 44mag on Top Gun's pistol lanes.
    What saying best describes this thread...
    Putting lipstick on a pig
    Trying to make a silk purse out of sow's ear
    Throwing good money after bad

Quote Originally Posted by JohnS624 View Post
    You can shoot 44mag on Top Gun's pistol lanes.
    What saying best describes this thread...
    Putting lipstick on a pig
    Trying to make a silk purse out of sow's ear
    Throwing good money after bad
    It's kind of the point that it's a Taurus and I'm going to trick it out. People do it with Hi-Point carbines a lot too. I've also never spent "bad money" on it with maybe the exception of the Raging Judge grip that I bought because I misunderstood which "Judge" grips it took. Other than that it's just buying stuff for a gun because I want it to be a customized gun. I'm not even doing as much as the people who buy a PSA AR15 or Glock 19 then proceed to replace every piece of it except the registered part, I'm just painting it, slapping a red dot on, and maybe trying a grip that was made for it since I keep thinking it will eventually tear this one being as it's not held on by anything except the grippy friction of the rubber.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12