Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

MGO Member

G43 trigger failure to reset

Recently completed a custom G43 build. Has a dpm systems recoil spring assembly. Originally used heavier spring, had 2 failure to reset. Changed to lighter spring and experienced 3 failure to reset in 200 rounds. This is my first Glock. Is it possible this is caused by a bad grip or limp wristing? Thank you for any input.

SW of Grand Rapids, surrounded by chickens, Detroit some weekends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Model12gunner View Post
    Recently completed a custom G43 build. Has a dpm systems recoil spring assembly. Originally used heavier spring, had 2 failure to reset. Changed to lighter spring and experienced 3 failure to reset in 200 rounds. This is my first Glock. Is it possible this is caused by a bad grip or limp wristing? Thank you for any input.
    I can’t see bad grip or limp wristing causing a failure to reset unless it’s so abhorrent as to have caused the slide to not cycle properly and the brass to eject, that also causes the action to not cycle.

I’d be much more suspicious of your components, components compatibility, assembly, etc. no offense.
    “Cui prodest?” Lucius Annaeus Seneca

I am a Forum User
    I have seen some Glocks fail to reset when you release the trigger slowly, think this has been a mostly Gen5 issue and was fixed by installing a heavier trigger spring.

MGO Member
    Make sure you have the trigger bar assembled correctly as per the pic in the sixth post of this thread.

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/gl...ak-in.1771992/

I am a Forum User
    Maybe the title should be changed to "non-stock G43 trigger...".

MGO Member
    When I first tried to post, I had put in a description of all parts in the build. It became quite lengthy and the site logged me off. It is an aftermarket trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by 1-2many View Post
    Make sure you have the trigger bar assembled correctly as per the pic in the sixth post of this thread.

https://www.glocktalk.com/threads/gl...ak-in.1771992/
    This got me the first time I detailed my 43. They're nothing like my 26 or 17 to reassemble.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a sleeping pill and laxative on the same night.

Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator esq_stu's Avatar
    In the Gen 3 the trigger return spring orientation matters.
    All the best,

--esq_stu
    NRA Life Member
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home

The above comments are not intended to be and do not constitute legal advice to anyone.