Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Browning Take Down .22

My friend was cleaning out his mom's basement and came across a few rifles of his dads. I'm not familiar with Browning takedown .22's, so I thought I'd ask what the MGO community thinks they may be worth. He believes they are Circa 1960's era but really has no idea. (2) 4X15 scopes, Simmons and Browning. Everything seems to function well. Some dings in the furniture. Original Browning case.

The Constitution is NOT dead. It's just being held captive.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

Since it says it's made in Belgium, it is a pre 1974. The attached link will give you the year of manufacturer if it is a post 1955. If the serial doesn't meet the 1955 to 1973 ranges shown, it would make it a pre 1955. I was unable to find any reference to the fitted Browning case, whether it was an option or included with some specialty guns. Because there are several different grades and FN custom shop variations for the 22 takedown, I would try to find a knowledgeable Browning collector.

https://www.browning.com/support/dat...uto-rifle.html
    NRA Life Member
    ICORE Member/Competitor

Thanks for the links guys!

It must be a pre '56 it has no serial number on the receiver.

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

$800 without the case and scopes.

I love those rifles.

MGO Member
    The current Blue Book values for your Browning are:
    100% Condition - $875
    98% - $750
    95% - $650
    90% - $550
    80% - 450
    70% - $400
    60% - $350

The case was an accessory, sold separately, and I couldn't find an original value for one, but they still make a case for that gun, and it's $290 on Browning's web site.
    "I'm good to go, even if I'm not going anywhere."

Wow! That's amazing for a little .22

Thanks for the Blue Book values!

Quote Originally Posted by Coctailer View Post
    $800 without the case and scopes.

I love those rifles.

Maybe at 100%

With the condition of this rifle, bluing and wood issues, this is a shooter and there's nothing wrong with that but
    at your price it would need to be mint, case does add value, scope not that much.
    " It's not about the size of the circle, it's the loyalty in it. "

" A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box and the cartridge box.” - Frederick Douglass

" When one with honeyed words but evil mind Persuades the mob, great woes befall the state." - Euripides, Orestes

" America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we lose our freedoms it will be because we have destroyed ourselves from within." - Unknown

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member
    I have been looking for one of these cases ever since I bought my rifle....
    THey are few and far between and the case tends to go between 150-$200 WHEN you can find them!

I will disagree with all of the numbers previously given. There were different grades of this rifle sold at the same time. Judging by the wood figure and less than glossy finish wood finish and the low luster metal, this is the standard grade rifle. It appears to have been well loved and is not near the top of the condition range. I am not anywhere an expert, but I would say value is south of $325.

Looks like a very fun rifle that will give many many years of reliable service to come.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast