Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Thread: Remington 1911s

MGO Member

Question Remington 1911s

Anyone have personal experience with the Remington 1911s? I was looking at an R1S, and it seemed like a pretty good gun for the price. I've read the opinions online, but most of the people have never even held one, and are basing their "facts" on the company, and not the product.

If you own one of these, I'd be interested in hearing your opinions, good and bad. Thanks.
    "I'm good to go, even if I'm not going anywhere."

I am a Forum User
    I have one and really like it. I received it in a trade and it is my first 1911 but I have shot others. For the price of it I would defiantly consider one.

I have both flavors of the mil spec model. Nothing special, good entry level 1911.
    ΥΣΜΧ SEMPER FIDELIS !

LIFE MEMBER OF THE WORLD'S LARGEST FRATERNITY

71 AND COUNTING

I am a Forum User
    I believe when the parent company that bought Remington, (Cerberus Capital Management) later acquired Para Ordinance.
    Cerberus Capital Management decided to stop selling Para pistols & they may now be sold under the Remington brand name.
    I had noticed that Remington 1911's look very similar to the Para models..
    I made this observation as owner of a late model Para, purchased (@ closeout price)after they stopped building them.

added found this on the internet :In February 2015, Remington Outdoor Company announced that the "integration" of Para USA into Remington would occur with the move of Para USA to Remington's Huntville, Alabama facility in March 2015. This also included the cessation of the Para name as a separate brand in the Freedom Group. [13]

MGO Member
    Thanks for the replies, guys. Decided not to go with Remington, since they use the "80 Series" firing system. I may yet get stuck buying a Colt (not the worst thing that could happen).

I am a Forum User
    The new Colts have the Series 80 system. A Springfield RO does not.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by jiw275 View Post
    Colt still makes Series 70 guns without it.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jiw275 View Post
    Colt has several models with the 70 series system. I was looking at the "Classic" model, specifically.

I am a Forum User
    I have the enhanced model. Shoots ragged holes. It’s nothing special really, but is easily the one that makes me look like a pro. The series 80 is still a sweet trigger on this one, better than the series 70s I have owned.