Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

I am a Forum User

Beretta 81 Ammo Choice

I just ordered, over the weekend, one of the Beretta Model 81 .32ACP Italian gov’t turn ins from AIM Surplus. Something about that pistol just called my name.

My only experience with .32s is a Tomcat (that I love) but I’m well aware that the Tomcats are supposed to be limited to ammo delivering <130 lb./ft of energy lest you crack the frame.

I don’t think my new 81(BB model if it matters) has any such requirements but I’d appreciate any input from anyone who has experience with these little rockets. Will I be fine shooting the common 7.65mm mil-spec stuff in the 81?

Thank you very much!!

-Aveguy

MGO Member
    I also have one of the AIM Surplus 81’s on the way. I have never heard about the frame issues on anything other than the Tomcat’s. My standard 32 round has always been the Fiocchi 73 gr FMJ. It runs great in the eight of my 32’s I own including my Inox Tomcat.

I can't post links yet! Forum User

Beretta Tomcat Ammo

Quote Originally Posted by bigmatt17073 View Post
    I also have one of the AIM Surplus 81’s on the way. I have never heard about the frame issues on anything other than the Tomcat’s. My standard 32 round has always been the Fiocchi 73 gr FMJ. It runs great in the eight of my 32’s I own including my Inox Tomcat.
    Does the Inox Tomcat have the same ammo limitation?

I would think the stainless slide and barrel would change all of that.

MGO Member
    I have run Aguila 71 gr. FMJ through my 81BB with zero issues. Mine will also run the Win 71 gr. JFP, but only from the factory .32 magazine. It gives nosedive failures with the converted Beretta 84 mags I tried. I also had an old box of Blazer aluminum cased 71 gr. FMJ.

I have mostly just shot relods using Berry’s bullets and Win 231.