Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I have 2 bolt guns and one AR, Never had a problem with any of them,
    "dying ain't much of a living boy"

Are the 450 followers available anywhere online, or do they simply want to hammer you for the full cost of the 450 mags? I'd love to pick up a couple followers if they are available!
    Thanks, and Regards,
    costanza
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, “You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I’m just not close enough to get the job done.”

Account Closed Forum User

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    Are the 450 followers available anywhere online, or do they simply want to hammer you for the full cost of the 450 mags? I'd love to pick up a couple followers if they are available!
    Thanks, and Regards,
    costanza
    The high price for the 450 specific mags is for the follower and the "walls" they put under the feedlips. So not the same as converting a 5.56 mag.

You can use a single shot follower for converting 5.56 mags, and probably be fine. The single shot follower is really only to keep the last round centered. You can also take a dremel and grind down a standard follower and usually be ok, too. I've done that to a couple mags and never have a problem with the last round. It's when the other rounds in the mag try double stacking and catch under on of the feed lips that might cause problems.

MGO Member
    I just put a pair of generic 450 followers in a couple old GI 20 round mags. No filing or altering of the mags whatsoever. Both ran like clockwork on my newly built upper. I was pleased.
    Last edited by Garymac; 09-02-2019 at 07:39 AM.
    No man made law physically prevents one from doing anything they have a mind to.

I am a Forum User
    I have ebay and Quads followers in 20rnd. mil spec mags. All seem to work great thus far. Pmags just flat out wont work for .450bm. Tried it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12