Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just got a Dunhams Stack On 64 gun safe $549.99 Revised. Not a Recall Safe

I just bought this safe. Heck of a deal for $549. And now I see a recall for something that looks exactly like it. I'll have to check the numbers on it when I pick it up.
    https://www.stack-on.com/recall/

Last edited by joelansing; 09-04-2019 at 09:03 PM.

OK. After checking there is no recall on this one. And it's kinda huge and awesome for $549. I picked it up today, and it is in my garage now. 528 pounds of security. After I fill it up maybe 800 pounds? I will move it into the house this weekend, after moving the old safe out. It isn't Fort Knox. With a big enough pry bar, or cutting wheel, or torch, and a lot of time, you could defeat it. But for what it is, it is pretty nice! Another thing I realized. My wife wants to put it right in the living room near the front door. Nope! It's going in a bedroom, about as far from the front door as possible. Just stupid stuff like that can double the security of your safe stored valuables. I give this stupid cheap thing two big thumbs up! Watch Dunhams on Black Friday if you want a deal on a safe.
    - Joe
    Last edited by joelansing; 09-04-2019 at 09:07 PM.

I can't post links yet! Forum User
    Sounds like a nice little safe at this price point. Do you have the model number by chance? I am trying to look up the specifications on it. Thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by joelansing View Post
    OK. After checking there is no recall on this one. And it's kinda huge and awesome for $549. I picked it up today, and it is in my garage now. 528 pounds of security. After I fill it up maybe 800 pounds? I will move it into the house this weekend, after moving the old safe out. It isn't Fort Knox. With a big enough pry bar, or cutting wheel, or torch, and https://youtu.be/B8ViUdd-2LM, you could defeat it. But for what it is, it is pretty nice! Another thing I realized. My wife wants to put it right in the living room near the front door. Nope! It's going in a bedroom, about as far from the front door as possible. Just stupid stuff like that can double the security of your safe stored valuables. I give this stupid cheap thing two big thumbs up! Watch Dunhams on Black Friday if you want a deal on a safe.
    - Joe
    2 minutes ought to do it. Be sure to fasten to the wall and floor.

https://youtu.be/B8ViUdd-2LM

These are back on sale & $549 9/21 - 9/23. Call around to find one. http://cloud.dunhamssports-email.com...&code=C4809346

I am a Forum User
    Sounds like a great safe for the money, any lock is better than no lock!

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by oldmann1967 View Post
    2 minutes ought to do it. Be sure to fasten to the wall and floor.

https://youtu.be/B8ViUdd-2LM
    The average bugler is not going to enter the house with 3' pry bars and know exactly where to pry at. They want the unsecured guns, TVs, cash and jewellery.

Also, camouflage helps. You could find my safe, if you want to look around for it. Probably walk right past it a few times.

I am a Forum User
    I have a small safe for the money and watches, like one from here. But I'm going to buy something new, something bigger and I like the one from above, moreover, I really like its sheathing. May you tell about its pros and cons?

I just wanted to say, that after 3-4 months of ownership the cheapo 64 gun is still ok. It's still on the first 9V battery I put in it, and is activated 1-2 times per day. I paid $549 for it, sold my old non-electronic 24 gun Stack-On safe for $350, so it was an excellent $200 upgrade. I do have alarms, and cameras for the house. It's not made for a sustained attack by professionals. But it is fine for my needs.

I think there are like 3 levels of safes:

1. Keep kids out
    2. Keep minimal tools bad guys out
    3. Keep skilled bad guys with time out

This does a good job at the 2nd category.
    - Joe
    Last edited by joelansing; 01-10-2020 at 10:49 PM.

I am a Forum User
    Pro: lots of space!
    Con: better make sure you have a place to put it, it’s big.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast