Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Legal Forum Contributor / Super Moderator SteveS's Avatar
    Since I only get one, I'm not going to worry about cost. I'd go with a WWG Co-Pilot in .457 WWG.
    Opinions and comments made by me on this forum should not be considered legal advice.

Quote Originally Posted by Draken View Post
    If I could only choose one, would have to be a Model 90 in .460 S&W
    This guy.

Or one of the Rossi’s in .454. So much versatility, even when using off the shelf ammo. From large game with the .454, to defense with modern .45, or small game with cowboy .45’s.

Second choice being a .44 for similar versatility but with a more common cartridge.

Marlin 1894C in 357 Magnum. Adequate for use on whitetail statewide out to ranges of 100-ish yards, and allows the use of 38 Spl solids for small game like rabbits. Meanwhile 357 offers flatter trajectory, lower cost, and lower recoil than 44 Mag, but has the same use cases except for maybe protection from dangerous game.

I am a Forum User
    It would have to be a 35 Remington.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scandiacus View Post
    Marlin 1894C in 357 Magnum. Adequate for use on whitetail statewide out to ranges of 100-ish yards, and allows the use of 38 Spl solids for small game like rabbits. Meanwhile 357 offers flatter trajectory, lower cost, and lower recoil than 44 Mag, but has the same use cases except for maybe protection from dangerous game.
    This ..

MGO Member
    It would never happen!
    The last one to go for me would be my Marlin "Mountie" 39A. Straight stock, 20" barreled, takedown .22lr.
    Stop The Robberies Enjoy Safe Streets / You can't argue with slaves that don't know they're shackled.

Quote Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
    Since I only get one, I'm not going to worry about cost. I'd go with a WWG Co-Pilot in .457 WWG.
    dang, never saw that one before reading it I knew it would be pricey, and was not wrong.

I am a Forum User
    Marlin 30-30. Next best choice 35 remington.

MGO Member
    There has been thousands of animals killed with 30-30 cal. lever actions over the years.My choice.

I'm pretty fond of my 1931 takedown Savage 99 in .300 Savage. I think I'd just stay with that.
    If you are better off than you were 4 years ago....................you are probably an ILLEGAL INVADER.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast