Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

Firearms Legal Protection

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    MGO Member
    If I hunted big game, a 45-70 for the versatility

Otherwise either a 45 Colt or 357 Magnum Marlin 1894. I already have the 45 Colt one, so I guess I already made the choice.
    I aim to misbehave ~Malcolm Reynolds
    Favorite Shooting Podcast

Three pages on dream lever guns and no mention of a BLR, Win M88, o Sako Finwolf?

True these are not “traditional” levers with tube mags that use old cartridges, but there is a lot to like about box mags and modern cartridges. These rifles also from my experience - I owned a old late ‘50s M88, still own a m94 32spcl and my bro still hunts with a early BLR 308 - tThey have accuracy on par with most bolt guns of their time, better stock geometry and are easier to add peep or optic sights if you desire
    i’d like a nice Finwolf probably in 243, but would not turn down a old BLR in 284.
    "Saepe errans, numquam dubitans --Frequently in error, never in doubt".

The trouble with the Internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity. ~Patrick Murray

MGO Member
    I'll go with the Win 94AE in .44 mag...that's what I've been hunting with since the lower area of MI allowed it. I've killed lots of deer...farthest they even ran was 40 yards or so...most of them drop where they are shot. I've been using the Hornady 225gr flex tip rounds...had been using the 300gr Hornady hollow points. I'd hunt big bears with one...probably not elk because you need longer range.

I'm a huge fan of lever guns though and I have a .357 and .30-30. I keep contemplating having a .450 bushmaster built off of a Marlin 336 in 35 rem or just buying a Big Horn Armory in .500 S&W. I'll own both of those some day, but right now a house is more important!

I am a Forum User
    This thread has me wanting a lever action. Have a couple of S&W revolvers in .357 so it makes sense to stick with that round. Who makes the best .357 lever rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by kbdm View Post
    This thread has me wanting a lever action. Have a couple of S&W revolvers in .357 so it makes sense to stick with that round. Who makes the best .357 lever rifle?
    Used to have a Henry model, that'd be my vote.

MGO Board of Directors

Quote Originally Posted by Ol` Joe View Post
    Three pages on dream lever guns and no mention of a BLR, Win M88, o Sako Finwolf?

True these are not “traditional” levers with tube mags that use old cartridges, but there is a lot to like about box mags and modern cartridges. These rifles also from my experience - I owned a old late ‘50s M88, still own a m94 32spcl and my bro still hunts with a early BLR 308 - tThey have accuracy on par with most bolt guns of their time, better stock geometry and are easier to add peep or optic sights if you desire
    i’d like a nice Finwolf probably in 243, but would not turn down a old BLR in 284.

I would keep my Winchester 88 308. was dads gun, I still hunt with it 50 years later.
    Like and follow MGO on FaceBook
    https://www.facebook.com/migunowners.org

DISCLAIMER: The opinions expressed in my posts are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions, views, or official policies of Michigan Gun Owners.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kbdm View Post
    Depends what you want...authentic looking, then get a Winchester 1873...Uberti probably makes one as well. If you want something more modern that it easier to mount a scope then Winchester 94 is good, plus Henry makes one...that might be a little bit more expensive. If you are on the cheap Rossi makes one. I had 1 of those for awhile, but never shot it. Traded it to someone on here who wanted it for his grandson to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Preacherboy View Post
    Depends what you want...authentic looking, then get a Winchester 1873...Uberti probably makes one as well. If you want something more modern that it easier to mount a scope then Winchester 94 is good, plus Henry makes one...that might be a little bit more expensive. If you are on the cheap Rossi makes one. I had 1 of those for awhile, but never shot it. Traded it to someone on here who wanted it for his grandson to shoot.
    Dont you always have to mount scopes weird on winchesters?

I much prefer the marlin or henry for scope mounting.

Not a knock against winchester, I hold model 70 in highest regard.

MGO Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dirtmcgirt76239 View Post
    Dont you always have to mount scopes weird on winchesters?

I much prefer the marlin or henry for scope mounting.

Not a knock against winchester, I hold model 70 in highest regard.
    A scope mounted easy on my 94AE...not sure about other models though

I really wish someone made a lever gun in .25-06, I'd be that in a heartbeat. Barring that 3in .410 would be nice as well.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast