Welcome to MGO's Internet Discussion Forums…Please Consider Becoming a Dues-Paying Member of the ORG…Click >>>>>HERE<<<<< for more info…………****DONATIONS**** can also be made toward MGO's Legal Defense Fund and/or MGO's Forums >>>>>HERE<<<<<

KROGER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a Forum User
    I have pelican and they are nice, but harbor freight does the same thing for less.

I am a Forum User
    Sorry to necro, but HF sent out a nice coupon on the big rifle case. Great Christmas gift idea, just keep in mind these things are a bit long to fit in most car back seats or trunks.

https://imgur.com/a/k9mGN0k
    Last edited by Nightshade1; 12-08-2019 at 10:00 PM.

I see I'm not the only one to reply to this thread a little late. I've got 2 of the HF Apache cases, one is I think the 3800 and the other is the rifle case using the coupon at Christmas so it was like $100. I got the pistol sized around October and it rolled around in the back of a pickup to and from the UP for about 5 days. Seems plenty durable. The rifle case I've modified for my FN FAL so I'm putting a lot of trust in it and I think it should be fine. For a $100-150 case, it seems like a pretty good purchase. I wish they had a mid-sized offering, I'd pick one up. Get one of HF's 20% coupons and use it on these!

Link to the PlastiDip on foam reference from NightShade1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhTB1HHmzGI

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade1 View Post
    Mine havent been put through much use but they feel solid. I can stand on the cases without them seriously deflecting or collapsing. I have the largest case and the rifle case and they are very sturdy. The hinges have actual metal in them, the latches are robust, and the locking lugs are reinforced.

One thing about the pick-and-pluck foam, a tip I got form Kotaboy32 is when you've finished plucking a profile, take out the foam and spray it down with Duplicolor customwrap/plasti-dip. I spend an entire can on each case. This seals the foam and bonds the blocks together so the forms last much longer.

I wish I had thought of this!!

I am a Forum User
    I have the Apache 3800 setup as a range box, I can fit 3 pistols and 12+ mags in it. I also picked up the rifle case with the super coupon for $100, I haven't used it yet so I cannot attest to its strength or weaknesses.

For my day job I carry a pelican 1560 case full of tools. I'm not sure you can compare the two brands especially with the lifetime guarantee that Pelican provides but I do know that the Pelican warranty response time is what some might call lackadaisical.

My opinion is this, for every day use step up and get the Pelican. If its something you're using on occasion save the $$ and buy more ammo.

I am a Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by wickettoby1 View Post
    I have the Apache 3800 setup as a range box, I can fit 3 pistols and 12+ mags in it. I also picked up the rifle case with the super coupon for $100, I haven't used it yet so I cannot attest to its strength or weaknesses.

For my day job I carry a pelican 1560 case full of tools. I'm not sure you can compare the two brands especially with the lifetime guarantee that Pelican provides but I do know that the Pelican warranty response time is what some might call lackadaisical.

My opinion is this, for every day use step up and get the Pelican. If its something you're using on occasion save the $$ and buy more ammo.
    Can you post a picture of your 3800 setup? Are the pistols full size? I'm trying to figure out which box is the best for my range purposes. I'm thinking it needs to fit 3-4 full size pistols, with at least 10 mags.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibs View Post
    +1 on using the 20% HF Coupon!
    Here is a 25% coupon off Apache cases, good till 2/7/20

https://www.hfqpdb.com/view_coupon/42622

I am a Forum User

Pic

Quote Originally Posted by 93bandit View Post
    Can you post a picture of your 3800 setup? Are the pistols full size? I'm trying to figure out which box is the best for my range purposes. I'm thinking it needs to fit 3-4 full size pistols, with at least 10 mags.
    I can’t figure out how to post a photo but if you send me a pm with a phone # or email address I can send you a couple of pics of how I set mine up.

And yes the 3800 will fit a 5” 1911 with no issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12